Queen Mary University of London is offering tuition fee and maintenance support for two undergraduate students who are asylum seekers or hold Humanitarian Protection or hold Discretionary Leave to Remain studying on degree programmes in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Funding will be provided for the normal duration of your course, if you need to apply for extra funding, e.g. for a course change or repeat year, your individual circumstances will be examined by the panel and a decision will be communicated to you.
Worth of Award
- Successful applicants will be awarded a full tuition fee waiver and maintenance support.
- The non-repayable maintenance bursary will include £1,700, the equivalent of the QMUL Bursary, and the equivalent of the student loan which most closely matches your circumstances, £7,529 for those living in at home, £11,672 for those living independently.
To be considered for our Article 26 Bursary you must:
- be an asylum seeker, the child of an asylum seeker or hold Humanitarian Protection or hold Discretionary Leave to Remain;
- be ineligible to obtain funding from the Student Loan Company;
- have firmly accepted a place on a course in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences;
- not already hold an equivalent or higher level qualification;
How to Apply
submit a complete Article 26 Application form 2019/20 [PDF 423KB] with all relevant documentation by the deadline.
- Evidence of you immigration status
- Proof of current residency
- Proof of date of entry to the United Kingdom
- If you require further information, please contact [email protected]
Deadline: Applications close on June 28th, 2019.