The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) calls on academically outstanding Sub-Saharan Black Females in their 4th year of study to apply for the 2013 SAWISE Angus Scholarships for Science and Engineering Courses.
SAWISE is a dynamic association for all those who support the idea of strengthening the role of women in science and engineering in South Africa.
Worth of Awards: The scholarship is valued p.a.: R10 000
Each year SAWISE awards the Angus Scholarship and the criteria for eligibility include:
- A sub-Saharan black female
- Must have achieved 70% or above grade average in her subject of study.
- Only for studies at Honours level (or 4th year equivalent e.g. in engineering)
- In any field of science and engineering.
- South African applicants will be given preference. The successful applicant should become an active member of SAWISE.
How to Apply
You are to obtain an online application form and fill accordingly.
Please mail hard copies of the following:
- Completed application form *
- Curriculum vitae
- An official academic transcript (record)
- Letter of motivation (~350 words)
- Certified copy of your ID
- only hard copies of the documents will be accepted
Send applications to:
SAWISE Angus Scholarships Committee
PO Box 34085
Application form can be obtained here
And you can email Email [email protected] for your enquiries.\
Deadline: Application closes 30 November annually.
Check here for more details