The University of London is inviting applications for the Durai and Yolande Scholarship available for the BSc Computer Science programme by distance learning in 2019.
This scholarship is available for the suite of new online BSc Computer Science degrees which prepare you for technology jobs of the future. The University’s degrees use creative interactive approaches delivered through Coursera, and you can choose from one of seven specialisms to build on your interests and develop the skills you need for a fulfilling career.
Worth of Award
- The Durai and Yolande Scholarship will cover fees payable to the University of London up to the value of £7,500.
- It does not cover the examination center costs or any other costs not directly payable to the University (such as the purchase of additional materials or electronic equipment).
- Applicants must ensure they can cover such costs from other financial sources.
To be eligible, you must satisfy the following:
- You have submitted a completed application to study the BSc Computer Science programme (via any specialism).
- You meet the direct entry route requirements for the BSc Computer Science programme (not available for performance-based admission).
- Reside in one of the following countries in South East Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam)
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be able to cover the remaining costs of the programme.
Please note: Students already registered with the University of London cannot apply for this scholarship.
Duties of the scholarship holder;
- As a scholarship holder, you are required to write a short report each year outlining the impact of your study and research.
- They may wish to use the report in website features or promotional activities (and will seek your permission beforehand).
- You must also follow the standards expected of the University of London students.
- We reserve the right to withdraw your scholarship if you do not comply with these terms.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the application form [Word, 18KB]
- Submit an application for your chosen degree via its course page.
- Upload your completed scholarship form under ‘Scholarship Form’.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
Deadline: Application closes Monday, July 8, 2019.