The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is pleased to invite nominations for the Round 2 Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2013.
The round 2 fellowships are Professional Fellowships starting between 23 September 2013 and 1 March 2014. Please note that three-month Fellowships starting in September 2013 should finish by 20 December 2013 at the latest, so that they do not run into the Christmas holidays
- Applications should be made by the UK host organisation which acts as the ‘nominator’, and which can be from any sector.
- Nominators should be able to identify suitable candidates themselves, through existing organisational networks or by advertising if they wish.
- A nominator may wish to work with a separate UK organisation to actually host the Fellowship(s).
2013 applications for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships will be judged on the following criteria:
- the extent to which the proposed Fellowship will ensure the transfer of skills relevant to the needs of a Commonwealth developing country
- the extent to which those skills will lead to practical benefits for the developing country following the Fellowship
- the extent to which the Fellowship will have a ‘catalytic effect’, either within the developing country concerned, or in establishing new relationships with the UK
How to Apply
- Applications for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships must come from UK organisations – the CSC cannot accept any applications directly from prospective Fellows.
- They also cannot provide a list of organisations in the UK to which prospective Fellows can apply.
- If you are a contact at a prospective host organisation interested in making an application, you will need to register to use their Electronic Application System (EAS). To do this, please write to the CSC on your organisation’s headed paper providing the full name and email address of the person who will make the application and who will act as the main contact should the Fellowship go ahead. This letter can be sent by post to:
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CP)
c/o The Association of Commonwealth Universities
20-24 Tavistock Square
Or as an attachment by email to [email protected]
- They will then be able to set you up as a nominator on the EAS, and will email you instructions on how to apply.
- Organisations that that have been previously registered on the EAS can use the login and password already provided, but should email [email protected] to inform the CSC that you intend to make an application in 2013 (Round 2).
Once registered to use the EAS, there are three stages to making an application:
- Complete the Nominator’s part of the application form and ‘release’ it.
- Notify the prospective Fellow(s) and ask them to log into the EAS as an Applicant, complete their part of the form and ‘submit’ it. They need to notify you once this has been done.
- Log back into the EAS and ‘nominate’ the Fellow(s) to the CSC.
All three stages need to be completed by the published closing date.
Deadline: The closing date for applications for 2013 (Round 2) Commonwealth Professional Fellowships is 23.59 (GMT) on 31 May 2013.
Click here for more details.