The scheme provides an opportunity for an AHRC funded postgraduate student to be seconded to the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) to assist in producing objective briefing materials for MPs and Peers.
The fellowship will take place over a three month period, with a likely starting date between September 2013 and May 2014.
Any AHRC funded PhD students who will be entering their 2nd or 3rd year on 1st October 2013 (or 3rd, 4th or 5th year if part time).
How to Apply
- POST is keen to explore the seamless culture between the arts and sciences, so although the fellow will work on a policy topic predominantly grounded in science and technology, applications should demonstrate a clear emphasis on an Arts or Humanities discipline
Applicants should read the AHRC POST 2013 guidance note
(PDF 24KB, opens in a new window) prior to submitting the following documents:
• An Application form PDF 52KB, opens in a new window form
• A summary briefing on a potential POSTnote document
• An Equal Opportunities form (PDF 190KB, opens in a new window) form
- The PDF forms can be filled in using Acrobat Reader, available free for download from here
- Completed documents should be emailed to Pete Henly– [email protected]
Deadline: Closing date is 3rd May 2013?
AHRC and POST will draw up a short list of the best applications and will invite those applicants to an interview on Wednesday 5th June at POST.
Click here for more details