The Government of Malta, through the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Trade Promotion, is inviting applications for the M.A. in Humanitarian Action Scholarship for a Tunisian student at University of Malta 2019.
The Scholarship is designed to facilitate the academic formation of a young Tunisian professional in a key area, namely humanitarian action. Malta is an ideal location for the realization of this goal, not only because of the relevant expertise it offers but also because of the strong historic and cultural ties it enjoys with Tunisia.
Tunisia has been undertaking its transformation to democratic rule under challenging circumstances. One of the many challenges it has been facing is instability and civil strife across its border with Libya. As a result, at one point, Tunisia hosted upwards of 1 million Libyan nationals – a tenth of the Tunisian population.
Worth of Award
One scholarship will be awarded and this will cover:
- Payment of the University of Malta Tuition Fee.
- A premium for a Health Insurance to cover medical expenses up to a maximum of EUR 500 per year.
- Students will be guided on this and other arrangements upon arrival.
- Reimbursement for the obligatory Health Test to be carried out in Malta as required for the processing of the Residence Permit. (Information about the health test that will be carried out upon arrival in Malta is available at http://www.um.edu.mt/international/international/healthtests
- A monthly subsistence allowance amounting to EUR 1000 per month to be used towards
accommodation, living, transport and academic expenses and any other expenses that may arise.
- One return direct journey (Tunisia – Malta – Tunisia), the cost of which is capped at EUR 500.
- Any additional trips or travel costs higher than this amount will have to be covered by the student.
- A recognized degree as deemed relevant by the Faculty Board of Arts.
- Given the multidisciplinary character of humanitarian work, applicants are expected to hold a first degree obtained with second class or better, in any subject considered relevant by the Admissions Committee.
- English Language Proficiency.
- Applicants who have not studied in Malta are required to present an internationally recognized English Language Proficiency Certificate at the required level. Further information about the English Language
How to Apply
- Applicants are to submit their application online and provide copies of their academic qualifications and all other requested documentation to the University of Malta
- Information is available at www.um.edu.mt/apply
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to present a letter of motivation and three letters of reference.
- The covering message is to include the reference to the application code generated by the online application
- Applicants who intend to apply for the scholarship must meet the entry requirements set out by the University of Malta and the conditions for joining the specific programme indicated above at the time of application
Deadline: Application closes on May 15, 2019.