Teesside University is inviting applications for its Research Degree Opportunities at Teesside University in the UK for the 2020/2021 academic session.
At Teesside University they believe that an investment in knowledge pays dividends; a postgraduate research degree is the highest degree awarded by a university. As well as enabling you to further explore a subject that excites you, a postgraduate research degree increases earning potential, develops your confidence and transferable skills and helps you stand out from the crowd.
Postgraduate research students are a vital part of the research community at Teesside University. As a member of this community, you will benefit from working with specialists with national and international reputations who will support you to developed advanced skills and expertise applicable to industry or academia.
Worth of Award
- The studentships will cover tuition fees
- and provide an annual tax-free stipend of £15,000 for three years, subject to satisfactory progress.
- Applications are welcome from the strong UK and International students.
To be eligible for this Studentship;
- Applicants should hold or expect to obtain a good honours degree (2:1 or above) and/or Masters level qualification in a relevant discipline,
- As well as a demonstrable understanding of the area; further details of the expected background may appear in the specific project details.
- International students would be subject to the standard entry criteria relating to English language ability, ATAS clearance and, when relevant, Tier 4 procedures.
How to Apply
Applicants should follow the following instructions to apply for this opportunity;
- Please use the PhD full-time online application form.
- When asked to specify funding select “other” and enter the relevant studentship code given against the project that you applying for in the field required.
- You should also ensure that you add the studentship code as well as the title of the project on the proposal that you will need to upload when applying.
- If you would like to apply for more than one project, you will need to complete a further application form and specify the relevant title and code for each application to a topic or project.
- Please note that applications for funded studentships that do not quote the studentship title AND the Project ID on the proposal will be invalid and your application may not be considered for the appropriate funding.
- 360° Characterisation of the lipid transport machinery operating at the host-pathogen interface of the apicomplexan parasites.
- Meningioma classification using machine-learning approaches
- Novel approaches to target airway epithelium remodelling in asthmatics
- Targeting the cytokine storm in glioblastoma treatment
- Understanding the pathology underpinning dementia through the examination of phosphorylation patterns
- Exploring viral evolution along the invasion route of the demon shrimp, Dikerogammarus haemobaphes