The Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences, at Aalborg University offers a PhD stipend within the general research programme Mathematics, Physics and Computational Science in 2019.
The stipend is open for appointment from 1 July 2019 or soon. The qualifications of the applicant will be assessed by an assessment committee. On the basis of the recommendation of the assessment committee, the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Science will make a decision for allocating the stipend.
The PhD project will be associated with the research project Statistics for Point Processes in Space and Beyond which is supported by the Danish Council for Independent Research | Natural Sciences. PhD stipends are allocated to individuals who hold a Master’s degree. PhD stipends are normally for a period of 3 years. It is a prerequisite for allocation of the stipend that the candidate will be enrolled as a PhD student at the Technical Doctoral School of IT and Design in accordance with the regulations of Ministerial Order No. 1039 of August 27, 2013 on the PhD Programme at the Universities and Certain Higher Artistic Educational Institutions.
You may obtain further information from Professor Jesper Møller, Department of Mathematical Sciences, phone: +45 9940 8863, email: [email protected], concerning the scientific aspects of the stipend.
Worth of Award
Appointment and salary as a PhD fellow are according to the Ministry of Finance Circular of November 10, 2015 on the Collective Agreement for Academics in Denmark, Appendix 5, regarding PhD fellows, and with the Ministry of Finance current circular on the employment structure at Danish Universities.
According to the Ministerial Order, the progress of the PhD student shall be assessed every six months. It is a prerequisite for continuation of salary payment that the previous progress is approved at the time of the evaluation.
The successful applicant will have:
- a strong background in statistics and probability
- strong computational skills and interest in implementing software solutions
- excellent qualifications in written and spoken English
- provided a project proposal
- experience with project organized work between different areas of science
How to Apply
- The application is only to be submitted online by using the “Apply now” button below.
- AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
- For further information about stipends and salary as well as practical issues concerning the application, procedure contact Ms Ruth Klitte, The Faculty of Engineering and Science, email: [email protected], phone: +45 9940 7993.
Deadline: Applications close May 15, 2019.