Cardiff University offers a limited number of full and partial scholarships to students on the International Foundation Programme who demonstrate outstanding academic performance and potential. These scholarships are listed below.
International Foundation Scholarship
They are offering two full scholarships for self-funding students.
Worth of Award: the scholarship will cover the cost of course fees for the International Foundation Programme.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for one of these scholarships, please contact the IFP Office at [email protected] to request an application form.
They have four £1,000 scholarships for International Foundation Programme students coming from Russia and Central Asia for September 2013/2014 entry. Successful students will receive a discount of £1,000 from their course fees.
All students from Russia and Central Asia are welcome to apply. The scholarships will be announced at the end of July 2013 and will only be awarded to students who meet all entry criteria (i.e. an IELTS score of 5.5 plus the relevant high school results).
- You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).
- You must fully complete the application form with the supporting statements as directed.
- Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- Applicants for IFP scholarships must have a conditional or unconditional offer and must have accepted their offer by Midnight (GMT) Friday 31st July 2013.
- After this date, applicants have until Midnight (GMT) Thursday 16th August 2013 for their offers to be changed to unconditional –applications where the status is not unconditional after this time will not be considered.
- Scholarships are to be used for academic year 2013/14 only and cannot be used for 2014/15 entry. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re-apply again in the following year.
- These scholarships are only available to self-funding students. Students who are in receipt of full funding from a sponsorship body (such as their home country’s Government, charity or a private organisation) are not eligible to apply.
- Students must satisfy certain financial requirements as part of their visa application for study in the UK and students should not be solely relying on receiving a scholarship to meet these.
- Further information on visa financial requirements can be found here
- If a student withdraws/is requested to withdraw from study before completing the IFP course or does not complete the IFP course at Cardiff University they are responsible for repaying all monies received from the International Scholarship award unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- IFP scholarships do not include interruption of study as part of the fund. If students are required to resit a year of study, then they will not receive further funding for additional years.
- IFP scholarships cover the full cost of fees for the IFP year only.
- Winners must ensure that they maintain a satisfactory academic record.
- If you are not sure about your eligibility, please contact the IFP office at
How to Apply
Application forms are obtainable online. You can obtain an online application form here and apply accordingly.
Deadline: closing date for applications is July 31, 2013.
Click here for more details