The Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Agriculture and Agribusiness Management – CESAAM is offering limited competitive MSc and PhD support to eligible applicants from Africa in 2019.
The World Bank, through Africa Governments, set up projects to establish Africa Centre’s of Excellence (ACEs) in line with enhancing partnership in skill development and advancement of technology through research and capacity building. CESAAM is part of ACE II project which is hosted in Egerton University, Kenya. The broad objective of CESAAM is to contribute to sustainable agriculture and agribusiness management through capacity development, research, innovation and technology transfer
Worth of Award
MSC and PhD applicants admitted to the programme would receive support. contact the centre for more details
- Applicants must meet the admission criteria for postgraduate programmes of Egerton University
- Applicants must have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent qualification in relevant agricultural science or related field.
- D. must have successfully completed masters or equivalent qualification in a relevant agricultural science or related field
- Applicants from outside Egerton University must submit a recommendation letter from the Head of Department, Dean or Principal of their institution accompanied with certified copies of their academic transcripts and certificates.
- Qualified female and applicants from countries emerging from conflicts are encouraged to apply and will be given special consideration
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by post or email (one pdf file). The applicant to submit the following:-
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates
- For PhD applicants, a concept note of not more than 4 pages stipulating research area of interest
- Fully filled Egerton University postgraduate forms
- For application by post, send addressed to CESAAM Project – Egerton University, P.O. Box 536-20115, Egerton Kenya.
- For hand delivery please enclose applications in envelope marked CESAAM Project and submit to CESAAM Project Office,FASS Block A, 2nd floor.
- For those sending on email, scan your documents and attach as a single (1) PDF file (both the application form and the requirements listed above).
- For more information about the scholarship: Contact the CESAAM office
- E-mail: [email protected] or visit CESAAM website
- University Application fee Ksh. 20001= payable account KCB Account Number 1101906812 Account Name: Egerton University
- A non-refundable application processing fee of Ksh 1,0001= payable to Egerton University CESAAM Project, Account Number 1184060347 KCB Bank Egerton Branch
Deadline: The deadline for application is April 30, 2019.