Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management in Salzburg Klessheim is inviting application for the Austrian Development Cooperation Scholarships for Developing Countries in Austria for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Students may attend ITH by private means or through scholarships given by the Austrian Development Cooperation. A limited number of scholarships are offered every year by the Austrian Development Cooperation. Please be aware that being offered a scholarship is not automatic and very competitive.
The Austrian Development Cooperation offers two scholarships which are: Scholarship for ADC’s priority countries and Scholarship for other developing countries. They can be used for any of the modules below. General Module including the Special Modules: Hospitality Management Module or Tourism Management Module. Additional Module: Teacher Training Module (TT).
Worth of Award
The Scholarship for developing countries includes:
- Tuition fee
- Health insurance
- Food from Monday – Friday
- Excursions (except ITB Berlin)
- €205,- pocket money per month
Not included in the scholarship are:
- Accommodation: Accommodation costs have to be covered by students who are awarded this scholarship.
- The total accommodation fee of € 1.612,- has to be remitted in advance before admission letter can be issued.
- Flight ticket: Students with this scholarship have to cover their own travel expenses from their countries to Salzburg and back.
- Visa fee: The visa fee has to be paid by the applicants. The fee for the 8 month residence permit is €160.
- The fees for the entry visa (Visa D) are different, please contact your embassy for detailed information.
The scholarship is limited to applicants from the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Palestinian Territories
- Please note that there is an age limit of 35 years for eligibility.
How to Apply
To apply applicants should;
- Fill out the application form properly and legibly.
- Make sure you supply all the required information and attach the entire required documents.
- Send translated English or German documents if required.
- Include a working e-mail address, phone and fax numbers as your application might be abandoned if your e-mail address, phone and fax number are not good.
- Apply early. Late applications will not be processed.
- Provide all admission requirements (read the ITH application form, and visa process carefully).
- Clarify any doubts with the ITH office and Austrian embassy/consulate (In written form: e-mail or regular mail).
- Show with facts why you should receive a scholarship (achievements, goals…).
- Only appropriate applications will be considered.
Deadline: Application closes May 1st every year