The Management of the University of Rwanda through in collaboration with the African Centre of Excellence(ACE) is inviting applications for Masters scholarships in Energy for Sustainable Development at the College of Science and Technology (CST) in Rwanda 2019.
The Africa Centres of Excellence (ACE) Project was instituted in 2013 by the governments of Burkina Faso, Republic of Benin, Ghana, Cameroun, Nigeria, Togo, and Senegal, with support from the World Bank.
Worth of Award
- There are few full and partial scholarship opportunities available on a competitive basis for eligible candidates from Eastern, Southern Africa Region
- The ACE-ESD scholarship will support living and research expenses such as approved field trips/placements, internship, conference attendance, and publication charges.
- Candidates awarded the ACE-ESD scholarships are supported only for the duration of studies, i.e., 2 years for Masters.
- However, this support is incumbent upon successful progress in each year. Candidates on the scholarship must Endeavour to complete their studies in the stipulated timeframes as an extension of funding will not be possible.
To be eligible, applicants must be from the following countries;
- Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Burundi, Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia and other African Countries.
- Eligible master programmes;
- Master of Science in Renewable Energy
- Master of Science in Electrical Power Systems
- Master of Science in Energy Economics
- To be admitted to the MSc. Degree Program in Electrical Power System, applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the areas mentioned in the field of Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering or other related fields with at least a second class, upper division;
- A Bachelor’s degree in the same field /specializations as above, with second-class, lower division, with at least a 2-year relevant working experience.
- Demonstrate sufficient ability in English to undertake masters-level work.
How to Apply
To apply, go to UR CPGS Webpage (www.postgaduate.ur.ac.rw) by clicking on the link UR Center Postgraduate Studies on UR Website (= or iwww.nostizraduatemr.ac'”)
- Go to Students Portal and click to (New Application)
- Fill the Biographical Form and click (Save) at the end.
- You will get “Your Student ID Reference Number” and create PIN.
- Please keep this ID Reference Number as it will be your identification for your study and all transactions at UR.
- Go to the Bank and pay your application fees using your created Student ID Reference Number (10,000 FRW or (12USD) for Rwandan and EAC candidates and 12,000 FRW or (14USD) for International Student
Deadline: Application closes June 8, 2019.