The Sager Family Foundation opens its doors for applications from working musicians for the Sager Family Foundation Graduate Scholarship for 2013.
The Scholarship is offered through competitive application, to one student accepting a full-time place on the MMus Music programme within The International Centre for Music Studies at Newcastle University and who will begin their studies in September 2013.
Worth of Awards: The scholarship is offered for one year and is worth £9,600.
- Applications are open to candidates of any nationality (UK, EU and international students).
- Applicants will be considered according to evidence of technical and creative flair, academic ability (which might be reflected by a good honours undergraduate degree, but could also be evidenced by work-related or professional experience), energy and commitment to further study and financial circumstances.
- Under special circumstances, where there is an exceptional student who has already completed the MMus with distinction, the committee may recommend that the award be made to support one year of a PhD programme in Creative Musical Practice.
- Applicants who wish to be considered should make clear their interest when they apply for a place on the MMus Music programme. Anyone who has already applied will be automatically considered.
- The final decision, based on the recommendations of the committee, will be made by the Foundation’s President, Bobby Sager.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship download and complete the online application form .
- You must also make a separate application for a place on your chosen degree programme in Music
- Please email the form to [email protected] or post it to:
The Music Secretary,
School of Arts & Cultures,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Scholarship winners will be invited to attend the University’s Annual Donor Reception.
Deadline: Application closes by Friday 31 May 2013.
Check here for more details