This scholarship is offered to international (non-EU) applicants for BU postgraduate degrees beginning in September 2011 and January 2012. You will be eligible to apply for a BU Postgraduate International Scholarship if you can demonstrate an outstanding academic profile relevant to your course.
Who can apply: All applicants paying fees at the ‘international’ (non-EU) rate are eligible to apply.
Applicants for all taught full-time postgraduate (Masters) courses in the following Schools may apply:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing
- School of Health & Social Care
- School of Tourism
Number of scholarships awarded annually
- School of Applied Sciences – 10 scholarships
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – 10 scholarships
- School of Health & Social Care – 10 + 2 scholarships
- School of Tourism – 10 scholarships.
Worth of scholarship
The value of each scholarship will depend on the course as follows:
- School of Applied Sciences – (£1,500)
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – (£1,000)
- School of Health & Social Care – (10 x £1,000 and 2 x £3,000)
- School of Tourism – (£1,000).
How the scholarship will be paid
Scholarships are paid by a reduction in tuition fee or by cheque.
Criteria for selection
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to UK 1st Class Honours degree as assessed by NARIC)
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
Other information about this scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarship
- Financial need will not be taken into consideration.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2011 for entry in September 2011 and 30 November 2011 for entry in January 2012
For more information, and to apply, visit their website by clicking here.