The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University is inviting applications for its Computational Linguistics Scholarship in Czech Republic for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, grants two scholarships to a highly qualified applicant in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics (the language of instruction: English).
Charles University has a long tradition, dating back to the 14th century, of promoting science, knowledge, and education in general. Already in the 14th-century foreign students were coming to Prague to study at their university. Today, Charles University’s world-class research is the foundation for its high-quality education. It offers bachelor’s, masters and PhD programmes.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship includes;
- The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2021/2022 and 2022/2023.
- The tuition fees amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 290 EUR) per academic year for students from the EU.
- 140 000 CZK (around 5 490 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU).
- A contribution to living expenses of 120 000 CZK (around 4700 EUR) per academic year,
- A contribution to travel expenses up to 400 EUR.
- Payment details are described in the Scholarship Award Agreement.
- Two Scholarships will be awarded.
- The decision on awarding the Scholarship belongs to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University.
- The Scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, for the academic years 2020/2021 and 2021/2022.
- Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science.
- To apply for our Mathematics or Computer Science Master’s programmes given in English you must:
- hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma
- have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize (see below for details).
How to Apply
To apply for the CLS, you have to;
- Apply for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics using the Student Information System of the Charles University, and accompany your application with the following documents:
- curriculum vitae;
- motivation letter;
- list of publications (if applicable);
- transcript(s) of records;
- application for the CLS (no prescribed form);
- two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employers.
- All these documents must be written in or translated into English.
Deadline: Application closes on April 30, 2021.