The American University in Cairo is inviting applications for the AUC Liberal Arts Undergraduate Scholarship in Egypt for the 2021/2022 academic session.
AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni, and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
The University stands as a crossroads for the world’s cultures and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate and understanding across the diversity of languages, facilities, and human experiences.
Worth of Award
The AUC liberal arts undergraduate scholarship will offer exceptional partial and full undergraduate scholarships to students from Egypt, the region, and the United States to study humanities and social sciences.
- Must demonstrate outstanding academic qualifications (achieve a minimum score of 95% in the science section and 90 % in the arts section in Thanaweya Amma or its equivalent in other international certificates)
- Meet AUC’s admission requirements
- Demonstrate financial need
- Must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 6 and writing score of 6 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 76 and writing score of 20
- Must be interested in majoring in one of the following fields of study at AUC: anthropology, arts, Arab and Islamic civilizations, Egyptology, English and comparative literature, history, psychology, philosophy, political science and sociology.
How to Apply
- Complete an online application through Banner Self-Service.
- For application instructions and tips visit the website
- While applying to the scholarship, please ensure that the word SELECTED appears beside the scholarship name (fund) that you wish to apply for. Otherwise, they will not be able to recognize your application in spite of the fact that you could have successfully submitted the application.
Deadline: Application closes May 31, 2021.