The American University in Cairo is inviting applications for the Abdulhadi H. Taher Endowed Scholarships for Undergraduate students in Egypt for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and centre of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni, and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
The University stands as a crossroads for the world’s cultures and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate, and understanding across the diversity of languages, facilities, and human experiences.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship will cover;
- Full or partial tuition and fees.
- Dorm coverage for either Saudi Arabian applicants or Egyptian applicants living outside Cairo and Giza.
Applicants must fulfil the below criteria to be eligible;
- Hold the Egyptian or the Saudi Arabian nationality..
- Meet AUC’s admission requirements.
- Achieve a score of not less than 97% in the science section and 94 % in the arts section in Thanaweya Amma or its equivalent in other certificates.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 6 and writing score of 6 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 76 and writing score of 20
- The Scholarship is for those who demonstrate financial need and outstanding academic performance.
How to Apply
- Complete an online application through Banner Self-Service.
- For application instructions and tips, visit the website
- Important Note: While applying to the scholarship, please ensure that the word SELECTED appears beside the scholarship name (fund) that you wish to apply for. Otherwise, they will not be able to recognize your application in spite of the fact that you could have successfully sent the application.
Deadline: Application closes May 31, 2021.