St. Georges University in the UK invites applications for the Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for September 2019 entry.
They recognise and nurture outstanding potential in healthcare and science, with their full and partial postgraduate scholarships.
The postgraduate scholarship scheme at St George’s is competitive; they select applicants who demonstrate academic excellence and illustrate how they will go on to make a difference after their time at St George’s.
Full scholarships are available across the following postgraduate courses for both home and international students:
- Biomedical Science MRes (pathways)
- Genomic Medicine MSc
- Global Health MSc (pathways)
- Sports Cardiology MSc
- Translational Medicine MRes
Worth of Award
- They also offer partial scholarships for home and international students on the Physician Associate Studies MPAS. If awarded, the scholarship will be paid towards the first year of study.
- St George’s Global Health MSc international student scholarship
- Every year at St George’s they offer one international student from a low-income country on their Global Health MSc the Global health international health fellowship scholarship.
- The scholarship covers the student’s full tuition fees as well as a maintenance grant to cover living expenses.
To be eligible for consideration, you must:
- Apply to study a taught postgraduate course, full time or part time, for a maximum of four years
- Not already qualified at Master’s level
- Must be self-funding. Courses fully funded by the NHS or students receiving employer or sponsor funding are not eligible for consideration. This does not apply to applicants who are using the Postgraduate Loans scheme or Career Development Loans.
- Meet the entry requirement for your selected course of study
- Be offered a place on the course to start in the 2019/20 academic year
Students with the highest scores across all courses will be considered for the scholarship. Your application will be scored based on:
- Your degree classification
- Your personal statement
- Your work experience
- Your interview
- Your references
How to Apply
- If you are a home, EU, or international applicant applying for a taught postgraduate programme awarded by St George’s, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship providing you apply by the deadline.
- You do not need to submit an additional application form, however, you may be asked to attend a physical or virtual interview.
- Successful awardees will be those who the Scholarship Committee feel will make a positive contribution to the academic environment at St George’s and achieve the highest scores.
Deadline: Applicants who wish to be considered for our scholarship scheme will need to have submitted a completed course application by midnight on March 31, 2019.