The University of Westminster calls on prospective candidates to apply for the 2013 – 2014 Cavendish Research PhD Scholarships. These scholarships are uniquely for students studying on a research degree related to Life Sciences, Electronics or Computing
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers full tuition fee waiver..
- You must be a student from a developing country and hold an offer for a full-time MPhil/PhD degree in Life Sciences, Electronics or Computing at the University.
- Academic excellence, financial need and development potential..
How to Apply
- · You can only apply for a scholarship once you have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place on your chosen course. They cannot consider your application for a scholarship if you have not already made an application for admission and been successfully offered a place on a course.
- · Only apply for scholarships for which you are eligible – check the eligibility criteria for each scholarship, either in the brochure or on the website to make sure you qualify before applying.
- · Unless you are applying for a specific scholarship, just tell what level of support you require (e.g. fees only, fees and accommodation, etc.) and they will match the scholarship to your needs where possible.
- · Make sure your application is well presented and includes all the requested documents.
- · You should only submit the supporting documents we request (these are listed on the scholarship application form). The quantity of documents will not advantage your application.
- · Do not send original documents as they are unable to return these. Please only send copies.
- · You must provide translations of any supporting documents which are in any other language than English.
- · Your application should be word processed. If you have to submit a handwritten application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is legible.
- · Spend sufficient time on your application. You are in competition with some of the strongest students in the world so spend as much time as necessary researching the scholarship and creating a polished, professional and persuasive application.
- · Do not excessively exceed the word limit for the supporting statement.
- · Check your application form and supporting statement for typographical mistakes. Enlist help in this review if needed.
- · Make a complete copy of the application before you send it. It is always important to have a complete record of everything you send in exactly the form it was received.
- · The Scholarships Office will email you to acknowledge receipt of your application. However, if your require proof of delivery, please use a delivery or courier service that allows you to track the package’s path and verify who signed for it. Click here to Apply
Deadline: closing date is 31 May 2013