The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is inviting applications for its Doctoral Programs for International Students in China for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The University accepts international students through over 20 UCAS faculties and over 100 institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). Doctoral programs commonly last for 3 years. Certificates of graduation and degrees will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
UCAS is a higher education institution established with the approval of the Ministry of Education, focusing on graduate education. The predecessor of UCAS was the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GSCAS), which was founded in 1978 as the first graduate school in China by approval of the State Council. UCAS graduated the first doctoral student in science, first doctoral student in engineering, the first female doctoral student and first student with double doctoral degrees in China.
Worth of Award
The Scholarships covers;
- Application Processing Fee, Tuition, and Expenses:
- Application processing fee: RMB 600 (Non-refundable);
- Liberal Arts: RMB 34,000/year;
- All Other Disciplines: RMB 40,000/year;
- Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance premium:
- RMB 800/year, RMB 400/half year;
- Accommodation (shared rooms) fee: RMB 900/month for one student;
- The outpatient service fee is paid according to the insurance scheme of the insurance company.
- Board expenses, travel expenses and other costs of experiments, meetings, and training beyond the program curriculum are at the student’s own expense.
To be Eligible, applicants must;
- Be a Non-Chinese citizen.
- Be in good health, of good character, and willing to abide by China’s laws and decrees, as well as UCAS’s rules and regulations.
- Be Holding a Master’s degree or its equivalent.
- As some countries’ higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should read Attachment 1 for reference.
- English proficiency is required.
How to Apply
- Check eligibility criteria
- Find an eligible professor of your interest,
- Applications shall be submitted via the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS
- Personal information page of ordinary passport
- Recent full-face bust photo with 2-inch. It is best to upload the photo used for the passport.
- Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience.
Deadline: Program for 2021 fall semester: Please submit online application during December 1st, 2020–May 31st, 2021.