The Diana Award invites nominations for the 2021 edition of the award presentation for young people living out Princess Diana’s Legacies worldwide.
Established in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, The Diana Award is the most prestigious accolade a young person aged 9-25 years can receive for their social action or humanitarian work.
This is the longest-running award for young people that is given to individuals and groups through a retrospective nomination process only. They believe this is special. Young people do not work towards the award, rather they demonstrate their suitability through their actions, without any expectation of reward.
The Diana Award is a charity legacy to Diana, Princess of Wales’ belief that young people have the power to change the world. Their mission is to foster, develop and inspire positive change in the lives of young people.
Worth of Award
- Successful UK based nominees will be invited to attend an Award Ceremony near their local area, where their achievement will be celebrated alongside their peers.
- Successful international nominees will be celebrated virtually on our International Ceremony Day which takes place on International #YouthDay on 12th August 2021.
- Both UK based and international recipients of The Diana Award are also eligible for The Legacy Award, which takes place on a biennial basis. The next Legacy Award ceremony will take place in 2021.
- In order to be eligible for The Diana Award, nominees must be aged between 9 and 25 and have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months.
- Nominees can be an individual or in a group of young people.
- Nominators are asked to submit evidence against five key criteria, designed to demonstrate the nominee’s impact on society as well as their own service journey.
- These criteria are vision, social impact, youth-led, service journey and inspiring others.
How to Apply
- Nominations are online through their web portal
- Download the Diana Award Nomination Guide to support you in submitting your application.
- Want to discuss your nomination in more detail? Call them on 020 3934 2160 or email [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline to nominate someone for a 2021 Diana Award is 23:59 on March 12, 2021