Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin, Ireland is offering the Scholarship for Irish Studies – ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship for M.Phil in 2021/22.
Trinity College Dublin offers a number of scholarship opportunities for prospective and current students interested in study or research at Ireland’s leading university. Since its foundation in 1592, Trinity College Dublin has sought to assist students of limited means and reward academic achievement. Students are always encouraged to explore external funding options in their home countries.
Worth of Award
The grant will cover one year worth of international tuition fee (September 2021-2022), accommodation, travel costs and living expenses for a total value of €35,000.
Eligible courses are:
- M. Phil in Literary Translation
- M. Phil in Modern Irish History
- M. Phil in Theatre and Performance
- M. Phil in Creative Writing
- At the time of registration, the student must have finished their undergraduate degree or be regularly enrolled in a postgraduate course.
- The student must have an average higher than 7 for undergraduates or an A or B for post-graduates.
- The student must not be taking part in an exchange program.
- The student needs to be a member of ABEI and be up-to-date with the annual payment www.abei.org.
- The student should include their Trinity application number on their application. They are welcome to apply before they have received an offer of admission, however, they will only be eligible to receive the scholarship if they receive an offer of admission from Trinity.
- Students applying to Trinity for the M. Phil in Creative Writing in Trinity after March 31st and before April 22nd should contact Antonio de Linares [email protected]
How to Apply
- Registration form (available at CCInt-FFLCH’s website);
- Letter of interest in English stating why the student chose the program, their academic interests and how his/her research project (abstract of the proposal) or the ongoing study program will benefit (maximum 3 pages or 1500 words);
- A recent academic paper written in English (maximum 7 pages or 3000 words);
- English proficiency certificate. Trinity accepts the following proficiency exams if they had been taken within two years of the date of the application:
- IELTS: Grade 6.5 (No section less than 6.0)
- TOEFL: 88 – iBT, 230 – Computer-based, 570 – paper based
- University of Cambridge: 180+ on Cambridge English scale with no less than 175 in each skill and use of English i.e.
- Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) First Certificate, Grade A (CEFR Level C1)#
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59)
- Updated student undergraduate (and postgraduate) transcript from Sistema Jupiterweb or Janusweb, or from another Brazilian University;
- Curriculum Vitae (student must present their Curriculum Lattes);
- Two reference letters written in English sent to [email protected];
- A copy of the student’s passport which must be valid at least until the end of the exchange program.
- Send documents electronically to the International Cooperation Committee (CCInt-FFLCH): [email protected] Subject: ABEI-HADDAD Fellowship.).
[Rua do Lago, nº 717, room 130 (FFLCH Administration Building)].
Deadline: Applications close April 1, 2021.