Prospective candidates from Guinea-Bissau can now apply for the 2013 Guinea-Bissau Graduate Scholarship tenable in the University of Westminster, London.
This scholarship is intended to assist in the development of Guinea-Bissau. Preference may be given to support students wishing to pursue English language related courses.
Worth of Awards
The scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition fee waiver,
- Living expenses
- And flights to and from London.
- You must be a student from Guinea-Bissau and hold an offer for a full-time Masters degree at the University.
- You must possess academic excellence, development potential and financial need.
How to Apply
- You can only apply for a scholarship once you have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place on your chosen course. They cannot consider your application for a scholarship if you have not already made an application for admission and been successfully offered a place on a course.
- Unless you are applying for a specific scholarship, just tell them what level of support you require (e.g. fees only, fees and accommodation, etc.) and they will match the scholarship to your needs where possible.
- Make sure your application is well presented and includes all the requested documents.
- You should only submit the supporting documents they request (these are listed on the scholarship application form). The quantity of documents will not advantage your application.
- Do not send original documents as they are unable to return these. Please only send copies.
- You must provide translations of any supporting documents which are in any other language than English.
- Your application should be word processed. If you have to submit a handwritten application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is legible.
- Spend sufficient time on your application. You are in competition with some of the strongest students in the world so spend as much time as necessary researching the scholarship and creating a polished, professional and persuasive application.
- Do not excessively exceed the word limit for the supporting statement. We ask you to present yourself briefly for a reason.
- Check your application form and supporting statement for typographical mistakes. Enlist help in this review if needed.
- Make a complete copy of the application before you send it. It is always important to have a complete record of everything you send in exactly the form it was received.
- The Scholarships Office will email you to acknowledge receipt of your application. However, if your require proof of delivery, please use a delivery or courier service that allows you to track the package’s path and verify who signed for it
Deadline: closing date is 31 May 2013
Click here for more details.