Canada continues to be recognized as a provider of world-class education to its more than 104,000 foreign students who come to study in Canada each year with additional students who come to learn English or French within Canada’s bilingual borders. The Canada Study Visa for Sierra Leonians allows international students to engage in further studies in Canada either in an academic or vocational sector, thus bringing their rich culture, expansive knowledge and varied skills to Canada’s already diverse classrooms and schools.
Foreign applicants must show their intention to study using the Canada study visa for Sierra Leonians, provide proof of acceptance and enrolment at an accredited institution, proof of sufficient funds and sufficient ties to return to their home country once they have completed their studies. Once granted, a student visa will allow applicants to experience Canada’s high-quality education system, state of the art research facilities, and broad post-graduate employment opportunities
Study Permit: The study permit is a document issued that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply.
Note: Your study permit is not a visa. It alone doesn’t allow you to enter Canada. You may also need a temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If so, it will be issued as part of your study permit application.
You can study in Canada with the Canada study visa for Sierra Leonians if you:
- are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- show proof that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- obey the law, have no criminal record and will not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- are in good health. You may need to complete a medical exam.
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.
You need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- proof of acceptance
- proof of identity
- letter of explanation
Depending on your case you may also need:
- Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ)
- Custodian declaration (minors only)
- other documents
Before you apply for the Canada study visa for Sierra Leonians, you need:
- An acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI).
- A valid passport or travel document.
- Proof that you can support yourself, and any family members who come with you, while you’re in Canada.
To apply for the Canada study visa for Sierra Leonians online, you need a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents, and a valid credit or debit card. However, it comes with many benefits such as
- Applying online eliminates courier fees or mail delivery time.
- It eliminates processing delays as incomplete applications will be returned to you. Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- You can quickly submit other required documents online.
- It is equally easy for you to get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.
Apply on Paper
The application package includes an instruction guide and all the forms you need to fill out. Read the Instruction Guide [IMM 5552] to get all the details to apply on paper. Download and submit the application to the address listed in the application package.
To be able to re-enter Canada if you travel outside of Canada while you’re studying or on a leave, you must have a valid:
- Passport or travel document.
- Study permit if you’re returning to study in Canada.
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or visitor visa, depending on which document you need.
- The only exception to needing a valid visitor visa is if you travel only to the United States or St-Pierre and Miquelon and you return to Canada with a valid study permit. This exception doesn’t apply for eTAs.
- ADDRESS: 44 Bathurst Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone
- CITY: Freetown
- EMAIL: [email protected]
- PHONE: 232-076-603098