The British Council is inviting applications for its Future Leaders Connect Programme for Exceptional Individuals Worldwide in 2021.
Becoming a member of the British Council’s Future Leaders Connect programme means you will be part of an exclusive group of exceptional individuals from around the world who are recognised as the next generation of leaders.
Worth of Award
- The programme will be delivered online.
- At the end of this programme, you will receive a certificate from the British Council and Moller Institute upon successful completion of the programme.
- Similarly, you will become a member of the Future Leaders Connect Alumni, which provides you with long-term learning and development opportunities in your own country and internationally. You will also be provided with a mentor to help you develop and implement your policy Action Plan.
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria; (otherwise your application cannot be accepted)
- Living in one of the participating countries (Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine, UK (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and Vietnam).
- Aged between 25 and 35 (at the start of the programme).
- Able to speak and understand English (no official qualification is required, but you must be able to speak English to IELTS level 7 or equivalent).
Furthermore, the British Council is looking for exceptional individuals with the ideas, energy and commitment to work collaboratively with all members of Future Leaders Connect and senior leaders. The programme aims to be representative of the countries in which it operates, and we encourage applications from all sections of society.
- be able to explain how you want to make a change in your country and beyond through policymaking
- have a good knowledge about policy and how policymaking happens in your country
- be willing to engage with the British Council and the Future Leaders Connect network in the long-term
- have strong networks and be committed to supporting the development of the country you are living in through policy change.
- likely to be in your early to mid-career and already have examples of when you have demonstrated leadership ability
How to Apply
- Before applying, you will be asked to answer several screening questions to ensure you meet the criteria.
- If successful, you will receive an email inviting you to make your application. It will take you approximately one hour to complete your online application.
- Please note, you cannot save and come back to it later, the whole application must be done at once.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to interviews/an event in your country (dates to be shared with those shortlisted).
- At the interview or event, you will present your policy vision and explain your leadership experience to a panel of experts.
- Unfortunately, if you cannot attend the interview/event your application cannot be progressed. There will be some places on the reserves list at this stage.
Applications for the programme are hosted on the partner site, Guidant Global. You will be re-directed when you click the apply button.
Deadline: The closing date will vary by country, depending on the number of applications we receive, with a finite deadline of Sunday, July 18, 2021.