The City University of London invites applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship for qualified Undergraduate students in the 2020/21 academic year to support equal access to higher education for forced migrants.
Worth of Award
The Sanctuary Scholarship consists of a tuition fee waiver and a grant worth £13,510 for each progressive year of undergraduate study for a maximum of three years.
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria as set out by the Helena Kennedy Foundation Article 26 Project:
- Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Child (UASC leave)
- Limit Leave to Remain (LL)
- Discretionary Leave to Remain (DL)
- Humanitarian Protection (HP)
- Refugee Status
- Refused Asylum Seeker (fresh claim submitted)
- Asylum Seeker
In addition to the above, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Received a conditional or unconditional offer of full-time Undergraduate study from City, University of London, having applied through UCAS (www.ucas.com) If your offer is conditional you must meet the conditions of your offer of a place (e.g. academic and English language qualifications) in order to embark on the degree and receive the scholarship.
- Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application.
- Be a new applicant to City, University of London, and have not previously been accepted on an undergraduate or postgraduate course in the UK (regardless of whether or not you have studied or completed the course)
- As a direct result of your status, you are not eligible for mainstream funding, e.g. Student Finance England or a local authority grant.
- If you are applying for a programme that requires you to pass a DBS check in order to undertake clinical placements and participate in the course, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary documentation. Failure to pass the DBS checks will result in a suspension/withdrawal from the programme.
How to Apply
- Applicants must have made an application to City, University of London for undergraduate study via UCAS.
- Before applying, please read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Once you have completed these steps you can proceed to submit an application
- This is a highly competitive process as they offer a maximum of 3 Sanctuary Scholarships per year so please bear this in mind when submitting your application.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is June 30, 2020.