The UK is one of the most popular countries to travel to for the purpose of earning an education. Generations of international students have come to the UK for their education, which means that British universities have decades of experience in working with international students. In other words, you’ll get the red carpet treatment from the time you start applying until you walk across the stage for your degree thanks to the UK study visa for Sierra Leonians.
The UK has countless high education institutions, and almost every single one of them has opportunities for Sierra Leone international students to study there. You can choose from a variety of different undergraduate and graduate degrees, and combine your courses in order to find a degree program that suits your needs and interests through the UK Study Visa for Sierra Leonians.
The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa is for students who intend to undertake any post-16 education at a United Kingdom institution in a full-time course. The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa is flexible and allows students to participate in both short and long term courses of at least 6 months in duration.
To qualify for the UK study visa for Sierra Leonians, students must have a confirmed offer of enrolment from a licensed education provider (sponsor), be able to maintain and accommodate themselves (or be maintained and accommodated by a host) while they are studying and show that they are able to pay their course fees.
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:
- have been offered a place on a course
- can speak, read, write and understand English
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility requirements
To apply to extend or switch to a Tier 4 (General) student you need to:
- fill in the application form
- have your documents ready
- pay the application fee
- pay the health surcharge
- have your biometrics taken (fingerprints and a photo)
How long it takes you to complete the application for the UK study visa for Sierra Leonians will depend on your particular situation. You will be able to save your application and come back to it another time if you need to but if you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.
Time to Apply
You can apply for your UK student visa for Sierra Leonians in the UK 3 months before your course starts. Once you submit a university application you’ll receive (or you can request it) a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. This document will entitle you as an admitted student in the UK and therefore you’re eligible to seek a visa. Use the CAS number to support your student visa application form.
It costs £348 to apply for the UK study visa for Sierra Leonians from outside the UK. You must pay £348 per person for any dependants. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.
You can arrive in the UK with the UK study visa for Sierra Leonians before your course starts:
- up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less
- up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months
How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.
Terms and Conditions
With the UK study visa for Sierra Leonians
- work as a student union sabbatical officer
- apply from inside or outside the UK
- apply to extend your stay
- work in most jobs – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have
- bring in family members (dependants) in some instances
- get public funds
- work in certain jobs, for example, professional sportsperson or sports coach
- study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)