On a yearly basis, people choose to visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities which it has to offer. International students apply for student visas into Canada to enhance their academic pursuits, you can do the same using the Canadian Study Visa for Liberians.
Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls which serves as a breathtaking attraction for tourists and students as well so don’t be left behind, the Canadian study visa for Liberians is yours for the taking.
It takes about 15 days with a maximum of 30 days to process a student visa/permit from the Canadian Embassy in Liberia. This time does not include the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and the office or the time you need to give your biometrics. The processed documents will be delivered to you after a decision is made on your visa application. The study permit expires ninety days after your studies are finished when you receive a notification of the programme completion.
This visa type is a Canadian study visa for Liberians or Study Permit as it is indigenously termed.
For you to be eligible for the Canadian student visa for Liberians, it is important that
- You must have received an acceptance letter from a university or academic institution in Canada.
- You have no criminal record.
- A decision is made on a university to apply to and an acceptance letter obtained.
- A proper check is done to ascertain if you need a student visa for Canada.
- Adequate preparations are made for your application.
- Language requirements: Unless you come from an English-speaking country, Canadian universities will require you to submit proof of English language proficiency. Accepted language tests are IELTS, Cambridge English: Advanced, and TOEFL.
NB: Proof of your language skills is not included on the list of required documents for a Canadian student visa for Beninese. But it will be good to have some proof of English ability, just in case.
The documents required to successfully apply for a Canadian study visa for Liberians are:
- Prepare all required documents for the student visa in Canada.
- Complete and submit the application form.
- The original letter of acceptance from the university should be provided.
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary.
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back.
- Proof of financial support during your studies.
- A letter of explanation stating the purpose of your trip.
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents.
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD).
The steps to obtain your Canadian study visa for Liberia include:
- Read complete information on visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Refer to the “Prepare your Application” page to obtain details on visas/permits.
- Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print.
- If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the CVAC waiver form and attach it with your application form. Failure to provide a completed and signed CVAC waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
- Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
- Pay the visa and biometric fee, if required, as per instructions in the IRCC fee list.
- Note that when submitting the application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC service charge.
- Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and make sure you take your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument along. Applicable CVAC service charges will be levied.
- If there is limited internet access in your country, it is also possible to apply for the visa on paper.
- Provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (a university recognized by the Canadian government).
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses).
- Submit clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
- Give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre.
- Submit your application in person.
- Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. However, you can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call centre at +255 22 260 27 82, +255 22 260 17 14, or +255 689 141127.
The Service charge for application handling for study visa application into Canada from Liberia is estimated at $ 113.08 (50 000 VOF – including VAT).
The Government of Canada has no resident representation in Liberia. Services are offered through the Embassy in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The Canadian Embassy in Cote d’Ivoire is located at 23 Noguès Avenue, Trade Centre Building, 6th and 7th floors, Plateau, Abidjan.
The Commission is open for operation from
Monday to Friday (excluding declared holidays).
The Commission’s hours of operation is considered below viz:
- CVAC Opening time: 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00
- Application Submission: 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00
- Passport collection: 14:00-16:00
Taking a shot at an academic opportunity must be met with the preparedness to take your dream to another level. This can only be done if you choose the bold, yet uneasy path of following through your application for the Canadian study visa for Liberians in order to ensure that your dream of academic excellence is achieved.