Every year Cape Verdeans choose to visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities which Canada has to offer. International students apply for study visa into Canada to enhance their academic pursuits using the Canadian Study Visa for Cape Verdeans.
Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls, breathtaking sites which will leave students in awe of the beauty of nature and yearning to learn more during their study with the Canadian student visa for Cape Verdeans.
It takes about 10 weeks to process a student visa/permit from the Canadian Embassy in Senegal. This time does not include the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and the office or the time you need to give your biometrics. The processed documents will be delivered to you after a decision is made on your visa application. The study permit expires ninety days after your studies are finished when you receive a notification of the programme completion.
This visa type is a Canadian study visa for Cape Verdeans or Study Permit.
- Language Requirements: Unless you come from an English-speaking country, Canadian universities will require you to submit proof of English language proficiency. Accepted language tests are IELTS, Cambridge English: Advanced, and TOEFL.
- You must have received an acceptance letter from a university or academic institution in Canada.
- Having no criminal record is an added advantage.
- Decide on a university to apply to and get your acceptance letter.
- Check if you need a student visa for Canada.
- Prepare your application
NB: Proof of your language skills is not included on the list of required documents for a Canadian study visa for Cape Verdeans. But it will be good to have some proof of English ability, just in case.
The documents required to successfully apply for a Canadian study visa for Cape Verdeans are:
- Prepare all required documents for the student visa in Canada.
- Completed application form.
- The original letter of acceptance from the university.
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary.
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back.
Similarly, you need
- Proof of financial support during your studies.
- A letter of explanation stating the purpose of your trip.
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents.
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD).
The steps to obtain your Canadian study visa for Cape Verdeans include:
- Read complete information on visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit.
- Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print.
- If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the CVAC waiver form and attach it with your application form failure of which could lead to additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
- Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
- Pay visa and biometric fees, if required. Please note that when submitting the application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC service charge.
- Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and make sure you take your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument along. Applicable CVAC service charges will be levied.
- In countries with limited internet access, it is also possible to apply for the visa on paper.
- Provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (a university recognized by the Canadian government).
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses).
- Submit clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
- Give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre.
- Submit your application in person.
- Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. However, you can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call centre at +255 22 260 27 82 +255 22 260 17 14 +255 689 141127.
- Feel free to follow up and to understand the status of your application.
The Canadian visa from Cape Verde is estimated to cost 150 Canadian dollars. Tuition fee + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month (Quebec).
There is no Canadian government office in Cape Verde. You can obtain consular assistance and further consular information from the Embassy of Canada to Senegal in Dakar.
The embassy is located at Rue Galliéni x Brièe de l’Isle, P.O. Box 3373, Dakar, Senegal.
You can communicate with the embassy via
- Telephone: 221-33-889-4749.
- Facsimile: 221-33-889-4740.
- Email: [email protected]
Taking a shot at an academic opportunity must be met with the preparedness to take your dream to another level. This can only be done if you choose the bold, yet uneasy step of following through your application in order to ensure your dream of academic excellence is achieved.
I wish you the best as you apply for student/study visa/permit into Canada.