Profugo in India invites applications for the Profugo Field Fellowship Programme opportunity for young professionals to get hands-on experience working in International Development in 2021.
Profugo is a grassroots non-profit organization involved in International Development. Profugo’s goal is to provide access to the tools that enable individuals to build a better quality of life. They accomplish their goal through what they call their Center of Development. The Center of Development is a three-pronged approach to community development that encompasses Health & Wellness, Human Development, and Social Capital.
The Profugo Field Fellowship Programme opportunity is a highly competitive program offered to young professionals or Masters Students. The program offers credit to master’s students who must complete their field practicum in order to graduate. Field Fellows coordinate a specific project or program at our Center of Development in India and get great hands-on experience working alongside local staff and community members. The Fellowship program is 6 months – 1 year in duration but longer or shorter terms of service may be considered depending on the circumstances.
Worth of Award
Profugo will provide room, board, a modest stipend, and $ for travel costs to field placement.
- They are looking for qualified candidates to commit 6 months-1 year to work in Prashanthagiri Village in Wayanad, India.
- You will be responsible for overseeing a project or programme that is suited to your interests and skillset and supporting local staff and other field fellows with other programs as needed.
- Initiatives will vary depending on the communities needs but will fall under the umbrella of our three-pronged approach (Health & Wellness, Social Capital, and Human Capital).
- Specifically, they are looking for individuals who have a background in education (TESL), engineering, business/social entrepreneurship, sustainable agriculture, or sustainable tourism.
- Individuals will be appropriately tasked to projects and programs aligned with their expertise.
Characteristics of a Field Fellow:
- Team Player.
- Background in education/engineering/business/agriculture.
- Flexible and open-minded.
- Willing to take initiative.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about business development, women empowerment, social entrepreneurship, sustainable engineering, farming, agriculture, natural resource management, education, or teaching.
- Cross-cultural experience a plus.
How to Apply
- Please fill out the Field Fellow Application and submit along with your resume/CV and recommendation letters by the deadline.
- Email any questions to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications close on April 15, 2021.