The United Kingdom offers students world-class education, internationally respected qualifications, and outstanding career prospects. Studying in the UK is your opportunity to gain the skills, outlook, and confidence you need to fulfil your potential. Don’t let this rare opportunity pass you by, send in your application for the UK Study Visa for Namibians.
The United Kingdom made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is an island nation in North-Western Europe. England – the birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also the site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge. This means that your study experience will be thrilling and diverse as there will be no dull moment for you when you obtain the UK Student Visa for Namibians.
As an international student, you can apply for a study visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You cannot apply if you qualify for British citizenship and dual nationality. You must apply for British citizenship instead.
Tier 4 (General) student visa: This type of UK visa permits international students who want to study in the UK to do so. Your eligibility is calculated using a points-based rules system called a Tier 4 Student Visa.
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:
- have been offered a place on a course.
- can speak, read, write and understand English.
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances.
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
- meet the other eligibility requirements.
For the UK study visa for Namibians, you must always show that:
- You’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit.
- You’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip.
- Sufficient funds are available to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit.
- Proof exists of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.
When you apply for the UK study visa for Namibians, you must provide:
- A current passport or other valid travel documentation.
- Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18.
- Proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian if you’re under 18.
- Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test.
- A blank page in your passport is needed for your visa. You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
To apply online for the UK study visa for Namibians,
1. Go to the Visas and Nationality portal.
2. After your registration, you will receive an acknowledgement email containing a link. Click on the link to activate your account.
3. Log into your account using your email address and password.
4. Go through the online application pages. Answer all the questions carefully, and make sure you know your Immigration Tier and Route – the system determines which statements you need based on your answers, and the qualification evaluates will consider and process your application depending on the answers you give.
Upload scanned versions of your qualifications, and fill in your contact details. ALL the following documentation to process your application are needed:
- A colour photocopy or scanned version of your final certificate(s) together with final transcript(s).
- A photocopy or scanned version of a certified translation in English if necessary.
- Payment for the service.
- You may also need evidence of the medium of instruction of your study.
5. At the end of the application process, you are offered several payment options. After you have chosen your payment method, an email will be sent to you confirming the details of your order, and give you your unique inquiry ID number. After receiving the confirmation email, you will be kept up to date on the progress of your application with emails at each stage.
It costs £348 to apply for this visa from outside the UK. You must pay £348 per person for any dependents. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.
You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:
- up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less.
- up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months.
How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.
Terms and Conditions
With this visa you can:
- work as a student union sabbatical officer
- apply from inside or outside the UK
- apply to extend your stay
- work in most jobs – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have
- bring in family members (dependants) in some instances.
- get public funds
- work in certain jobs, for example, professional sportsperson or sports coach
- study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)
British High Commission PO Box 22202, 116 Robert Mugabe Avenue
- Namibia Phone Local: (061) 274.800
- INTERNATIONAL: +264.61.274.800
- FAX LOCAL: (061) 228.895
- INTERNATIONAL: +222.214.171.1245
- EMAIL: general.
[email protected] fco. gov. uk
- WEB SITE: http:/
/ ukinnamibia. fco. gov. uk/ en/