The University of Pavia in Italy, calls on students from Developing Countries, who wish to study for one year at the University of Pavia, and UNIPV students who would like to spend some months in a Developing Country for studying, researching and/or training to apply for the 2013-14 Fund for Cooperation and Knowledge.
The Fund and the selection of the students are managed by a Committee composed by students, professors and officers of the University of Pavia, plus a representative of the DGDC, for a total of 15 members. The Committee will select – among the applicants – the students who will receive a scholarship for the Academic Year 2013-2014.Courses available for application include::
- – World Politics and International Relations
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Master in International Business and Economics ; candidates applying for a scholarship for this Master shall attach to their application also this Excel document in a different file other than the unique PDF application.
- – International Master Program in Cooperation and Development
Worth of Awards
- Tuition fees will be waived
- The scholarship provides selected students with 8.000 Euros. Students may use this money to pay their board and lodging.
- The scholarship is intended to cover one Academic year and will be paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each. Selected students will receive 8.000 Euros, paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each– You’ll enter Italy with a student VISA which allows you to work at most 20 hours per week. You better check this information on the website of the Italian Embassy in your Country.
- Candidates who are citizens of one of the Developing Countries reported in the World Bank list and classified as a low-income economy or as a lower-middle-income economy by the World Bank click here for details
- You can apply also if you’re living in a country other than your Country of origin: for example, if you’re living in Italy.
- In fact, you have to be citizen of one of the above mentioned Developing Countries.
- You can apply only for one of the Course Degree listed in the call for application and on the application form. Lessons of those courses are given in English. you can select on the application form
- The courses are generally taught in Italian at Pavia University.
- You have to be born on/after the 1 January 1978. Restrictions related to the academic area: you can apply only for one of the above mentioned course degrees.
- You cannot apply for a scholarship as an exchange student
How to Apply
- You might apply for one academic year (about 10 months). Moreover, if you win the scholarship, you should arrive in Pavia in September/October 2013 to complete your first year that ends, approximately, in July 2014.
- Fill the application form, print it, sign it, scan it and send it and all the attachments by email to [email protected] in one PDF file larger no more than 5MB.
- You have to send the application form and all the required documents only by email. You have also to sign the application form, scan it and send it by email together with all the attachments.
- The Application form must be filled in English. All the attachments must be in English. Only the transcript of records and the medical certificate can be in Italian, provided that they’re translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority in your country.
- Interested candidates have to fill the application form and they have to indicate the Master Degree they wish to attend selecting it among those ones indicated in the application form.
Deadline: Closing date is 12.00 pm (Italian time) May 10, 2013.
Visit here for more information.