The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) calls on Nigerian undergraduate female students to apply for the 2013 NWAG Nigeria Scholarship for undergraduates.
NWAG plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of fifty thousand Naira each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
Applicants are to submit a type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on: “How could we improve the health system in Nigeria especially for women, youth and children?”
Worth of Awards: Each successful applicant from each state of the Federation will receive fifty Thousand (50,000) Naira only.
An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University.
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
- Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
- Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified and rejected.
- ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.
Completed application can be submitted with all required documents either by regular mail to
NIGERIAN WOMEN ASSOCIATION OF GEORGIA, INC
P.O. Box 14532
Atlanta, GA 30324, USA
electronically via email at [email protected] .
SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL: NAME OF APPLICANT & STATE OF ORIGIN AND ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.
Deadline: All applications must be POST-MARKED or EMAILED by MAY 30, 2013.
Check here for more details.