The UK government offers great opportunities for international students who live in Tunisia to acquire degrees in different education fields of their choice. The UK visa allows you to enter the country, whether it is through the sea, land or air. The possession of a visa means that you have fulfilled the requirements that particular visa has. Student visa applicants have to come with proof of admission to a U.K university and also possess the resources required to live and study in the UK. You can become one of the many students studying abroad by applying for the UK Study Visa for Tunisians.
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over. This visa is otherwise known as a Tier 4 Visa.Student visas are issued to applicants who are going to the UK to study. Apart from the general visa requirements, student visa applicants have to come with proof of admission to a U.K University and also possess the resources required to live and study in the UK. This visa takes between 15 to 90 days to process and is valid for the period of your school program.
To be eligible for the UK study visa for Tunisians,
- You must ensure that you have been offered a place on a course.
- You will also need to prove that you can speak, read, write and understand English.
- The need to have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course cannot be overemphasized though the amount will vary depending on your circumstances.
- Being from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland is not a disadvantage.
- Ensure that you meet all other eligibility requirements.
For the UK study visa for Tunisians, it is important to provide the following:
- A valid passport.
- A visa cover letter.
- Covering letter from School/Tertiary Institutions/University addressed to Commissioner Immigration Control Department.
- Admission letter from School/Tertiary Institutions/University.
- Copies of parents passports.
- Covering letter from school to the immigration department indicating the year of admission and duration of the study.
In the same vein,
- Attach copies of parents Immigration status like work permit if parents are residents in Egypt.
- For parents who do not live or work in Egypt, applicants should attach a letter from parent(s) acknowledging relationship of the resident guardian and child or student in Egypt, consent or covering letter from the guardian addressed to the Commissioner Immigration Control Department.
- The immigration status of host or guardian e.g. work permit or passport.
- Attach identification card issued by the institution of learning.
Students undertaking a postgraduate program should provide copies of previous academic qualifications as well as
- Payment slips
- Residential Permit
- A recent coloured passport size photo with white background.
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you start your course. You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks however, you can check visa processing times for your country.
It costs £348 to apply for this visa from outside the UK.
You must pay £348 per person for any dependants.
N/B: You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Take time to check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.
You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:
- up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less
- up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months
How long you can stay depends on the kind, of course, you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.
Terms and Conditions
With the UK study visa for Tunisians, You can:
- work as a student union sabbatical officer
- apply from inside or outside the UK
- apply to extend your stay
- work in most jobs – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have.
- bring in family members (dependants).
- get public funds
- work in certain jobs, for example, professional sportsperson or sports coach
- study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)
Tier 4 – Student (Adult) Visa Entitlements
Successful applicants will be granted a visa in line with the length of their initial course of study. The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa offers the student the benefit of developing an educational base in the UK while being permitted to work between 10 to 20 hours per week during term periods, depending on the course of study. Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa holders are permitted to work full time during vacation periods without seeking further permission from the UK Home Office. In some instances, graduate level students may be able to switch into a working visa category that could lead to a settlement in the UK.
British Embassy, Rue du Lac Windermere, Les Berges du Lac
- Telephone+216 71 108 700
- Fax Management: +216 71 108 749
- Fax Consular: +216 71 108 779
- Fax Commercial: +216 71 108 749