LDI Africa calls on individuals worldwide to take advantage of its 6 months internship and apply for the position of a Program Manager Intern to coordinate and oversee application and placement processes for their Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP).
The Program Manager Intern position is an unpaid volunteer opportunity based in Washington D.C. with a strong possibility to be a paid position upon satisfactory performance. Starts April 1, 2013 and ends October 5, 2013 for 20 Hours per week
- Source quality EIFP candidates; vet applications; interview applicants and place successful candidates at host organizations across Africa.
- Support host organizations’ and strategic partners’ recruitment efforts.
- Attend to Fellow and Host Organization inquiries and requests.
- Assist CEO project manage and impliment logistics for EIFP Washington D.C. spring orientation.
- Manage LDI Africa’s social media strategy and accounts – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blogs and Newsletter.
- Support the LDI Africa’s fundraising efforts, this include crowd-funding, grant applications, donors research and corporate sponsorship programs.
Worth of Awards
The Program Manager Intern position is an unpaid volunteer opportunity based in Washington D.C. with a strong possibility to be a paid position upon satisfactory performance. Meanwhile, stipends/wages to be given are still being considered.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree and 1 year of work experience
- Program management and event planning experience is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and remotely (very important)
- Must be a self-starter and able to make own schedule
- Proficiency in Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability with social media
- Experience with Adobe Suite/Graphic Design is preferred
- Available for 20 hours a week, more hours are encouraged but not compulsory
How to apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references to Carlos Morla at [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: Application deadline is April 30, 2013
Click here for more information.