Newcastle University is inviting applications for its Advancing Women in Leadership Scholarship (MBA) in the UK for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Newcastle University is committed to supporting innovative businesswomen who aspire to higher levels of influence and professional development. Through their Advancing Women in Leadership Scholarship, successful MBA candidates will receive mentoring support from our Business School Director, Professor Sharon Mavin, an international scholar in gender, leadership and organization studies. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong career trajectory, academic excellence and a wealth of professional experience.
The 50-acre campus in Newcastle city center is the hub for our teaching, research and collaboration. It includes facilities for research innovation, teaching and learning, and engagement. Students benefit from facilities such as our award-winning library service and Centre for Physical Recreation and Sport.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship covers A full fee award of £22,800, payable towards the cost of tuition fees.
To be eligible for this partial-fee scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the scholarship application form including submitting an essay of no more than 1,500 words in response to the question listed. Submissions need to be in English
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to the Full-time MBA programme of 2019 entry
- Have substantive managerial experience (normally 6 years or more, minimum 3 years)
- Preferably hold the equivalent of a UK 2:1 honors degree (however, applicants who do not meet this requirement but can demonstrate relevant work experience above the minimum plus significant career progression may also be considered)
- Perform well at interview across all competency areas
- Hold an English language qualification of IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent with no subskill below 6.0 (if your first language is not English)
How to Apply
- Applications and essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges. Candidates need to complete the online application form
- If a suitable candidate is not found the application deadline will be extended
Deadline: Application closes June 12, 2019.