The UK has become one of the top destinations to study around the world and is now the second most popular destination for international students, behind the US. Degrees and qualifications from UK higher education institutions are known around the world as high quality and world class. Also, international students are allowed to work while in school and while on vacation to support themselves. You can equally find a variety of scholarships and loans available to students who wish to study in the UK. This should be a great motivation for you to choose to study abroad by applying for the UK Study Visa for Egyptians.

Visa Type 

Short-Term Study Visa

If you are going to study a short course of six months or less, or an English language course of 11 months or less, you will be eligible to apply for a short-term student visa. Note that pre-sessional course students are eligible to apply for a Tier 4 visa to be able to extend their visa in the UK following successful completion of their pre-sessional course.

Tier 4 Visa

If you wish to study in the UK for a course which is longer than six months (or a pre-sessional course which will lead to a course which is longer than six months), you will need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa. You will need to meet the requirements of the immigration rules and apply in the country of which you are a national or where you reside permanently. You will need to create an account to submit your application online, and you will also need to attend a Visa Application Centre (VAC) to submit your documents and biometric data.

Visa Processing Time 

Getting approval for the UK study visa for Egyptians can take a long time. You can submit your online application for a Tier 4 visa within three months of your course start date. Prepare all relevant documents in advance and submit your application as soon as possible. There are different submission methods depending on how quickly you would like to receive your visa.

To apply for a short-term study visa, you will need to meet the requirements of the immigration rules, but (unlike Tier 4 applications) you can apply for entry clearance as a short-term student from any country outside of the UK. You will need to create an account in order to submit your application online, and will also need to attend a Visa Application Centre (VAC) to submit your documents and biometric data.


To apply for an F or M visa, you must submit the following:

  • A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form.
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
  • One (1) 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) photograph taken within the last six months.
  • A receipt showing payment of your US$160 non-refundable nonimmigrant visa application processing fee paid in local currency. If a visa is issued, there may be an additional visa issuance reciprocity fee, depending on your nationality.
  • An approved Form I-20 from your U.S. school or program.
  • A Form I-901 SEVIS fee receipt indicating you paid the SEVIS fee.
  • In addition to these items, you must present an interview appointment letter confirming that you booked an appointment. You may also bring whatever supporting documents you believe support the information provided to the consular officer.

Visa Requirements

When applying for the UK Study Visa for Egyptians,

  • You need a valid passport/travel document (with a page that is blank on both sides for the insertion of a visa vignette).
  • CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number is required.
  • Academic qualifications listed on CAS statement and translations, if these are not in English.
  • Evidence that you meet the English language requirement, or are exempt from the requirement.
  • Evidence that you can meet the strict financial requirements. Many Tier 4 refusals are caused by incorrect financial documents. It is very important to check that yours meet the requirements and that you have held the correct level of funds for the necessary period of time.
  • Consent from the current or previous financial sponsor (only if you receive/have received funding from a government, an international scholarship agency, or an international company in the last 12 months).
  • Receipts for any tuition fees and/or accommodation costs you have already paid to your institution if this information is not included on your CAS.
  • If you are under 18, parental consent (or legal guardian consent) to travel to and study in the UK.
  • A TB (tuberculosis) certificate if you are from a country where a test is required.
  • ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) certificate if applicable to your course. It will be confirmed in your offer letter.

Visa Fee

The cost of Tier 4 (General) application from outside the UK (entry clearance) is £348. In the UK, a standard application for Tier 4 (General) Leaves To Remain costs £475, with premium (face-to-face) appointments costing £1,085. Tier 4 Dependant applications are charged at the same rate as the main applicant while short-term student applications for courses of less than six months (from outside the UK only) cost £97.

Immigration Health Surcharge

Most students and their dependents applying for Tier 4 (General) immigration permission for a period of more than six months or applying to extend their Tier 4 leave in-country for any length of time become liable to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) at the time of application.

The immigration health surcharge for a Tier 4 application is £150 per year for each year of leave you are applying for, including the extra periods of time before and after your course. If this includes part of a year that is six months or less you will be charged an additional £75 for this period. If it includes part of a year that is more than six months, you will have to pay £150 for this period. For example, if your Tier 4 application is to allow you to do a further 12 months of study in the UK, you should be granted leave for an extra four months after your course end date and the immigration surcharge will, therefore, be £225.

Contact Address

British Consulate in Hurghada, Egypt 

TELEPHONE: (+20) (0) 15 1534 3915

EMAIL [email protected]

HEAD OF MISSION Mr John Kenny, Honorary Consul

British Consulate General in Alexandria, Egypt

3 Mina Street
Kafr Abdou
Ramley Alexandria, 21529

TELEPHONE:  (+20) (3) 546 7001 / 02

FAX:  (+20) (3) 546 7177


Click here to complete the Application Process

Click here for Scholarships for Africans 

Subscribe to our newsletter!
Clicking "Subscribe me" is successful, even if you don't see any confirmation here