Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls, a breathtaking sight for tourists and students alike. Waste no time to find out how you can enjoy the Canadian experience using the Canadian Study Visa for Ethiopians.
It takes about 15 days with a maximum of 30 days to process a student visa/permit from the Canadian Embassy in Ethiopia. This time does not include the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and its office or the time you need to give your biometrics. The processed documents will be delivered to you after a decision is made on your visa application. The study permit expires ninety days after your studies are finished when you receive a notification of the programme completion.
This visa type is a Canadian study visa for Ethiopians or Study Permit as it is indigenously termed.
- Language Requirements: Unless you come from an English-speaking country, Canadian universities will require you to submit proof of English language proficiency. Accepted language tests are IELTS, Cambridge English: Advanced, and TOEFL.
- Decide on a university to apply to and get your acceptance letter.
- Prepare your application without which you will not be granted a permit to study.
- Having no criminal record is an added advantage.
- Check if you need a study visa for Canada.
NB: Proof of your language skills is not included on the list of required documents for a Canadian study visa for Ethiopians. But it will be good to have some proof of English ability, just in case.
The documents required to successfully apply for a Canadian study visa for Ethiopians are:
- A completed application form.
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary.
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back.
- A letter of explanation for the purpose of your trip is absolutely necessary.
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents.
- You also need to provide proof that you paid the study permit fee which is 150 CAD.
The steps to obtain your Canadian study visa for Ethiopians include:
- Read complete information on visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to the “Prepare your Application” page to obtain details on visas/permits.
- Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print.
- If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the CVAC waiver form and attach it with your application form. Failure to do so may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
- Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
- You should pay visa fees and biometric fee, if required, as per instructions in the IRCC fee list.
- Please note that when submitting the application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC service charge.
- Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and make sure you take your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument along. Applicable CVAC service charges will be levied.
- In countries with limited internet access, it is also possible to apply for the visa on paper.
- You must provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (a university recognized by the Canadian government).
Also, you need to
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses).
- Submit clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
- Give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre.
- Submit your application in person.
- Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. However, you can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call centre at +255 22 260 27 82; +255 22 260 17 14; +255 689 141127.
The cost of a Canadian student visa from Ethiopia is estimated to cost 3,010.00 Etb (including vat). Tuition fee costs + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month in (Quebec).
The Canadian Embassy in Ethiopia is located at Old Airport Area, Nefas Silk Lafto Sub City, Kebele 04, House No. 122, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Her mailing address is PO Box 1130, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. You can communicate to the embassy via
Tel: +251 11 317 00 00 (You may also call the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa at 613-996-8885.).
Fax: +251 11 317 00 40.
Email: [email protected]
The embassy opens for work viz:
- Monday – Wednesday and Friday
8:30 to 12:00
- Closed on Thursday
Taking a shot at an academic opportunity must be met with the preparedness to take your dream to another level. This can only be done if you choose the bold, yet uneasy step of following through your application in order to ensure your dream of academic excellence is achieved using the Canadian study visa for Ethiopians.