The Macquarie University is inviting applications for the Working Synthetically in Higher Categorical Structures in Australia for the 2019/2020 academic session.
This scholarship is attached to an Australian Research Council Discovery Grant funded project entitled “Working synthetically in higher categorical structures”. The chief investigators of this project are A/Prof. Steve Lack, Prof. Dominic Verity, Dr. Richard Garner, and Prof. Ross Street, and the successful candidate will work under the supervision of a member of this team.
Macquarie University has a very generous scholarship program to attract and support high quality domestic and international research candidates. These opportunities include the Main Scholarship round every year as well as a range of other specific and international opportunities.
Worth of Award
- This scholarship provides a full-time living allowance/stipend currently valued at AUD $27,596 per annum,
- Tax-exempt (2019 rate) and
- A tuition-fee offset scholarship.
- The MRes Year 2 + PhD scholarship has been approved for a maximum of 4 years.
- This scholarship is available to eligible domestic or international candidates to undertake a direct entry 3-year PhD program or an MRes Year 2 + 3-year PhD program.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines.
- This scholarship would suit a student who possesses a strong interest and background in pure mathematics and/or theoretical computer science.
- They would generally expect applicants to have some background in category theory and its applications.
- However, depending upon the candidate this may not be a mandatory requirement.
How to Apply
- New applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MQ HDR program or applicants who hold a Macquarie University candidature offer LESS than 12 months old:
- Complete and submit the HDR Application for Scholarship Only form (available on the HDRO forms website) and include supporting documentation, such as:
- any additional information or research output since original application and commencement
- updated CV
- offer letter and/or research student profile
- Indicate the reference under the scholarship details question
- Email the application to [email protected] in ONE pdf document and MUST indicate in the subject line the MQ ID, full name and reference
Deadline: Application closes on May 31, 2019.