Abu Dhabi Government in the United Arab Emirates invites applications for the Zayed Sustainability Prize to reward Pioneers of Global Sustainability in 2019.
At the 2008 World Future Energy Summit, H.H. Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, announced the launch of the Zayed Future Energy Prize – a tribute to his father, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and his sustainability legacy.
By recognising pioneering solutions and technologies that can change the world, the Zayed Sustainability Prize has rewarded innovators and visionaries whose achievements have furthered the global proliferation of innovative, impactful and inspirational sustainability solutions.
Over 318 million people have been directly or indirectly impacted by the sustainability solutions and school projects of the 76 recipients of the Prize winners since the first awards ceremony in 2009.
Worth of Award
The total prize fund is US$3 million, distributed as follows:
- Health – $600,000
- Food – $600,000
- Energy – $600,000
- Water – $600,000
- Global High Schools – $600,000 – (divided amongst 6 Schools, awarding each up to US$100,000)
- The Americas
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Middle East & North Africa
- Europe & Central Asia
- South Asia
- East Asia & Pacific
- The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to all entrants other than:
(a) Board members and employees of Masdar; and
(b) Anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize.
- Masdar, the Selection Committee and the Jury reserve the right and have full discretion to reject or not select any submission for any reason that may, in the sole opinion of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar, damage the reputation of the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar, or bring the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar into disrepute. The decision of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar shall be final and no follow up correspondence shall be replied to.
How to Apply
- All entries must be submitted through the dedicated online portal. Hard copy will not be returned.
- If it is your first time visiting the portal, they recommend you to download the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)” document that serves as a guideline for new entrants.
- In order to start your entry, please register an account with the Prize by clicking the ‘Register’ button at the top. An email will be sent to you to verify your email address. After the verification, you can start your entry by logging into the system.
- For your convenience, you will be able to save and return to your submission form for editing at any time. However, you will not be able to edit your entry after you have submitted it.
Deadline: The Zayed Sustainability Prize opened for submissions on 30 January 2019 and will remain open until the deadline on May 30, 2019. Submissions will not be accepted outside of the submissions period.