The Young Waters Solutions in Europe invites applications for the Young Water Fellowship Programme for young water social entrepreneurs in 2019.
TheYoung Water Fellowship Programme aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior-level experts during one year.
Each year, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
Young Water Solutions is an international non-profit organization aiming to develop and support the potential of young people to contribute to universal water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and water resources management.
Worth of Award
- Fellows attend Cewas’ Start-up training and are trained by experts in: IWRM | Project management | Business | Water and gender | Pitching | SDG 6 among other topics
- Fellows are assigned water and business mentors according to their needs, who provide technical support and guidance.
- Fellows are provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 to pilot their initiatives
- All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a resident from the list of low and middle-income countries.
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 3rd to September 7th 2019 (note that these dates might be subject to change),
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
How to Apply
- Fill in the online form before the deadline.
- Do not email your application – Young Water Solutions will only accept it if it is submitted through the online form.
- If you live in an area without a stable internet and you are experiencing troubles to access the application form, please contact them at [email protected] up to two working days before the deadline. After that, they cannot guarantee to reply and give you a solution in time.
- Before applying, please read the Terms of Reference which will provide you with information about the content and the eligibility criteria of the programme. Once you have checked that the Fellowship fits your needs and that you are eligible, they strongly encourage you to read the application guidelines.
- To apply, you will need to record a 2 min. video describing your initiative and the problem it seeks to address and provide them the link to watch it or download it (in YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) and fill in the questions about your project and yourself. No answer about yourself is right or wrong: what they value the most is honesty in the answers.
- Please notice that the form does not allow you to change your answers once submitted.
You can download the applications questions if you want to work on them offline.
- Only complete applications (to all 47 questions), with detailed answers, will be considered.
- One-line answers to questions that ask for a description are considered incomplete, and therefore not eligible.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Applications close on March 24th 2019.