Meadow Hall Group is accepting applications for the 2019 edition of the Inspirational Educator Awards for Teachers and School Leaders.
The Inspirational Educators Awards (INSEA) is aimed at elevating the teaching profession and motivating school teachers and head teachers to continue to strive for excellence in their profession. The awardees emerge from a merit-based competition and are rewarded handsomely for their commitment and passion.
Winners of these prestigious awards are selected based on pre-defined criteria. The awards include the following categories:
THE INSPIRATIONAL TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD
This is an annual award aimed at honouring teachers dedicated to imparting life-long learning in their students. This prestigious award recognizes, rewards, and promotes excellence in teaching and advocacy for the profession.
THE INSPIRATIONAL SCHOOL LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD
The influence of a leader on the overall performance of a school can either make or mar it. Improving school leadership ranks high on the list of priorities for school reform. This prestigious award recognises the importance school leaders have on our educational system.
Worth of Award
- A cash award of ₦1,000,000.00 will be given to a resourceful, caring and innovative teacher who has made an inspirational impact on his or her students and community.
- A cash award of ₦2,000,000.00 will be given to a hard working and sacrificial school leader.
To be eligible, an Applicant must:
- Be at least twenty (20) years old at time of entry;
- Have a minimum number of 3 years teaching Experience;
- Have a teaching qualification;
- Be a member of TRCN;
- Be a staff in a government approved school;
- Teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of 5 and 18 in a school setting;
- Not be prohibited from participating in the Contest or receiving the Award under applicable law;
- Not have a criminal record;
- Not have conducted themselves (by act or omission) in such a way as to bring the teaching profession or MHF, its affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (“MHF Parties”) into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of MHF);
- Not be a previous Award winner; and
- Not be an employee or consultant of Meadow Hall Group or its affiliates or an immediate family member of such employee or consultant.
How to Apply
- To enter, complete the application form and follow the instructions on the INSEA website.
- However, a full application sent in to Meadow Hall Foundation and received by the deadline is acceptable.
Deadline: Nomination & Registration closes March 23, 2019.