The Canadian Study Visa allows a wide variety of students either in an academic or vocational sector to grow within Canada’s bilingual borders. From simply learning English or French to earning a Post-Graduate Degree, student visas allow students to expand their knowledge and expertise in Canada. This allows foreign students to bring their rich culture, expansive knowledge and varied skills to Canada’s already diverse classrooms and schools. This is why it is a fantastic study destination for international students who have the Canada Study Visa for Algerians.
The study permit is a document issued that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada apart from the Canada study visa for Algerians. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply and before you travel to Canada.
Note: Your study permit is not a visa like the Canada study visa for Algerians. It alone doesn’t allow you to enter Canada. You may also need a temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If so, it will be issued as part of your study permit application.
You can study in Canada using the Canada study visa for Algerians if you:
- are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI).
- show proof that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- have return transportation for yourself and any family member who goes with you to Canada.
- obey the law, have no criminal record and will not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate to prove this.
- are in good health; you may need to complete a medical exam.
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.
The Canada study visa for Algerians can be obtained when
- You complete the appropriate application form/s and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit online and print.
- Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
- If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the waiver form and attach it with your application form. Failure to do so may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
- Pay visa fees and biometric fee, if required. Note that when submitting the application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC service charge.
- You need to visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC). Make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents. Applicable service charges will be levied.
- Once you are at CVAC, pay the service charges, hand your complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains your unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
- If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.
When applying for the Canada study visa for Algerians,
- You need two (02) copies of the application form fully completed and signed by the applicant.
- Two (02) recent passports sized photos are required.
- You also need a passport which is valid for at least six (06) months.
- Travel insurance must be provided.
- Proof of payment which includes a copy of the bank’s transfer receipt, with the applicant’s name as a reference.
- Be ready to provide a prepaid self-addressed special delivery envelope for returning the passport(s).
- you may need to provide additional documents, depending on the type of visa.
Study Permit Duration
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. This extra time lets you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
- If you can’t finish your courses before the date on your permit, you must apply to extend your stay as a student.
- on the date, you get the first notification from your school (such as an email, letter, transcript, etc.) or
- when you get your degree, diploma or certificate. If you finish your studies early, your permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies (no matter what day is printed on the study permit). You have completed your studies either
- You must provide proof of the date you got one of these.
- If you can’t prove the date you were first notified by your school, the earliest issue date on the document will be used.
If your school asked you to take some courses before they will accept you into the main program (conditional acceptance), your study permit will be issued for the length of these courses. Fortunately, you can apply to extend your stay as a student from within Canada when you get accepted into the main program.
If you plan to leave Canada during a scheduled break (such as the summer, or winter holidays and spring break), you may need to show proof that you are enrolled in your school when you return to Canada. If you went there on:
- a visa, you need to make sure it is still valid.
- an electronic travel authorization (eTA), and you leave and return to Canada by air, you will need to make sure it is still valid.
18, Mustapha Khalef Street
Ben Aknoun, Algiers