Denmark is a Scandinavian country comprising the Jutland Peninsula and numerous islands. It’s linked to nearby Sweden via the Öresund bridge. Denmark is awesome. Everybody speaks English, people are friendly and the system is quite easy to follow and use. Also, Denmark is third in the top of happiest countries in the world, so you just know they will put a smile on your face. Isn’t this enough reason to find out more about the Danish Student Visa for Ethiopians so you can live and learn among some of the world’s happiest people?
Denmark is the happiest place to study abroad. Danish universities are known for being leaders in terms of innovation, as they are keen on investing in world-class research facilities. Considering the great universities, happy people, and cold weather, there is no wonder that many students choose to apply for the Danish student visa over the rest.
- The best time to start applying for your residence permit is three months prior to your arrival date.
- Seeing how some documents need to be signed, sealed, delivered, or biometrics need to be submitted, the overall duration and processing times may vary depending on the country.
- If your application is missing information or is otherwise incomplete, the Embassy of Denmark, Ethiopia has the right to reject it. Your application will be rejected if:
- you do not submit a Schengen application form;
- you do not submit a valid travel document;
- you do not submit a passport photo;
- you do not submit fingerprints or you do not pay the processing fee.
- If your application is missing other information, the Embassy of Denmark, Ethiopia will accept the application, but you and/or your host in Denmark will be asked to submit the required information.
- The processing of your application will begin, but the processing time will reflect the fact that it was incomplete at the time of submission.
This type of Visa is a Short Stay Visa. A visa such as the Danish student visa is only intended to allow a foreign national to visit Denmark and/or the other Schengen countries for a limited period of time. If you wish to reside in Denmark for an extended period of time, you need to apply for a residence permit. If the immigration authorities suspect that you intend to seek permanent or long-term residency in Denmark or another Schengen country without legal grounds, your visa application will be turned down. This applies for instance if you are applying for a residence permit and visa at the same time, or if you have a residence permit application pending with the Immigration Service.
The Danish student visa requires that
- All applicants no matter their status or degree will need to send these documents, translated into English: An internationally recognised Bachelor’s degree of good standard or equivalent; proof of proficiency in English; and proof of proficiency in Danish (if the programme is taught in Danish).
- A signed completed application form.
- Your passport/travel document must be valid for at least three months after your planned departure date. Moreover, your passport/travel document must have been issued within the past ten years and must have at least two blank pages.
- Provide an acceptance letter from your university.
- A passport photo measuring 35mm x 45mm. The distance from your chin to the top of your head should measure between 30mm and 36mm. The photograph should bear a close resemblance to your current appearance and you should be facing the camera directly.
- A valid passport or another form of travel document must be provided.
- You need minimum funds proof of around 1000 EUR/month.
- Documentation that you are enrolled in an educational institution in your home country (if you are a guest or exchange student).
- The detailed information regarding your study programme.
- Acknowledgment receipt of payment made at the bank for the visa processing fee.
- Relevant documentation, such as information about the reason for the trip, proof that you have available accommodation, proof that you have sufficient means at your disposal to cover your living expenses as well as your travel home. You should also include information that will allow immigration authorities to determine whether you plan to leave the Schengen region when your visa expires.
- Proof that you have travel insurance. The policy must be valid throughout the Schengen region for the entire visa period. Minimum coverage must be €30,000.
- Copy of all pages of your passport – including all empty pages and the passport’s front and back cover.
Before applying for the Danish student visa, ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visit’. You should also
- Know your visa type.
- Ensure you read the security regulation notices before you visit the Visa Application Centre/Embassy of Denmark, Ethiopia.
- Walk in anytime during the operational hours of the embassy to submit the visa application.
- Create your case order ID.
- Pay the visa fee
- Gather documents: If you submit documents not written in English, German, Norwegian, Swedish or Danish, you must also submit certified translations into Danish or English.
- Complete and submit the application form.
- Have your biometric feature done and recorded.
The cost of a Danish visa is estimated at 310 Euros.
The Danish Embassy in Ethiopia is located at Bole SubcityWoreda 03 (Bole – 03) P.O.Box 12955629 StreetHouse no. 99_11, Addis Ababa.
You can contact her via
- E-mail: [email protected];
- Telephone: +251 (0) 911 25 55 87;
- Visa Section: +251 (0) 910 12 33 21; Telefax: +251 (0)116 18 70 57.
The Embassy has her general Opening Hours thus:
Monday-Thursday: 09.00 am – 15.00 pm.
Friday: 09.00 am – 13.00pm.
The Visa section has her opening hours viz:
Monday – Thursday: 09.30 am – 11.30 am
Visa Section Telephone Hours:
Monday 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
Thursday 14.00 am – 16.00 pm
After you have successfully submitted your application for the Danish student visa, the embassy will send a status update to inform you about every movement, this service is for the applicant who has paid for SMS service. In order to collect the Visa Decision, which has arrived at VFS Danish Visa Application Center from the embassy, please, bring your passport photocopy and receipt with you. If you are collecting on behalf of the applicant you are requested to hand over the authority letter and copy of your National ID card.
In other words, you have submitted your application successfully if you have: created a case order ID, paid the fee, submitted the application, and had your biometric features recorded.