The University of Durham in the UK invites applications for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship for female Masters students in the 2019/20 academic session.
The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home
Worth of Award
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of June 2019.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- The scholarship is available for students starting a degree programme in October 2019.
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
How to Apply
- Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application, you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
- Submit an application for the Scholarship on the Application form on their websites.
For further information or advice:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44(0) 191 334 2603
Deadline: Applications close on April 30, 2019.