All international students who want to study in the UK are required to get a student visa (Tier 4). This type of visa is only available to full-time university students pursuing a degree in the UK, and not short-term or language courses. Anyone who is planning to study in the UK is required to have a visa in order to stay in the country for an extended period of time. Immigration requirements for the UK are determined by your nationality and the country(ies) that you have citizenship in. This part of the guide will focus on giving you a general idea of the guidelines for getting the UK Study Visa for Togolese in the UK.
When applying for the UK Study Visa for Togolese, you need to provide the following:
- UK visa application form.
- Recent Photographs: Taken within the past six months, coloured and of the passport photo format.
- Existing Passport: It has to be valid for at least three extra months from the intended date of leaving the UK. Your passport also must have at least one blank page for the visa.
- Means of Subsistence: You need to have the means to cover living costs in the UK.
- Bank Statements: A statement that covers the period of the last six months.
- Letter Confirming Employment and Six Recent Pay Slips: The letter must include the period of employment, wage, job-position, benefits, and company contact details.
- Proof of Accommodation: You need to give information about where you will be accommodated however it does not include paying the hotel/hostel fee before getting the visa.
- Detailed Travel Itinerary: Give the information about your travel plan to the UK along with tickets, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, or others.
- Tuberculosis Test Results: You must present your TB test result holding a passport issued by the country listed amongst countries requiring a prior TB test before going to the UK for a period over six months.
- Paid UK visa fees.
- Biometric Information: This is needed only if applying for a visa for a longer period than six months. As a part of the application, fingerprints and photographs must be offered at the appropriate application centre.
- UK Visa Invitation Letter: (If applicable). The letter of invitation is written by a citizen or legal resident of the UK inviting the applicant, with whom they have family ties or friendship, to stay over at their household.
Depending on the type of visa you are applying for such as the UK Study Visa for Togolese, there are other documents that might be required from you. Such as
- Earlier Passports (if applying for the visa which needs such evidence).
- Previous visas if any.
- Documents to confirm financial sufficiency for the period of stay in the UK,
- The Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS).
- Parent’s or legal guardian letter of consent, if a minor.
- Information and dates about travelling and returning from the UK.
- Booked flight tickets might be required in some cases.
- Medical certificate.
- Costs of medical treatment in the UK.
- The place/address where you will be staying while in the UK.
Also, you need to provide
- Your home address and the time you lived there before.
- Parents’ names and dates of birth.
- Current yearly income (salary, pension, personal business profit, etc.).
- Places you have travelled in the past 10 years, and time when each has occurred.
- Your employer’s address and phone number, if employed.
- Partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number if alive.
- Name and address of the person paying for your trip, if applicable.
- Name, address, and passport number of your family members currently living in the UK, if any.
- The criminal record document obtained from relevant institutions in your country of residence.
That’s not all, you also need
- Documents to confirm the intention to leave the UK at the end of the visit which shows strong ties you have with your country and do not intend to permanently stay in the UK.
- Documents to confirm a paid return or onward trip as well as other costs relating to your visit.
- Documents of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by your visa type.
- Sponsor’s evidence of their financial ability to cover the applicant’s subsistence costs. The sponsor may be a business partner, a friend, a family member already living in the UK or it will be when the applicant arrives. The evidence must show the sponsor’s financial ability to cover their living costs, those of their dependents as well as the applicant’s such as
- Their bank statements.
- Their building society book.
- A letter from their employer.
Always have in mind that visa restrictions and requirements in the UK change regularly. Therefore, you must always check the official visa policy guidelines before initiating an application. Currently, student visa application requirements in UK change based on your citizenship and the type of visa you’re applying for. Depending on your purpose of visit in the UK whether it is for health issues, studying, familiar union and so forth, you need to seek a proper visa and particular visa requirements for the UK Study Visa for Togolese.
For the UK Study Visa for Togolese, you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Register a user account on the GOV.UK website. You will also be able to double check what type of visa you will need for your trip on the website.
Step 2: Fill out the application form, pay the visa fee, and book an appointment at a Visa Application Centre. You will receive an email confirming your appointment and what documents you will need to take along. You will also be given a GWF number which you will need for the next step.
Step 3: Register your details on the TLScontact website. If you don’t register, you will not be allowed to attend your appointment. You can track your application on the TLScontact website after you have registered.
Step 4: Attend your appointment and submit your biometrics at a UK Visa Application Centre. To avoid any delays in the application process you should bring along the following:
- Your original passport.
- Printed copies of your online application form and appointment confirmation.
- Receipt of payment of visa fees.
- All the required documents as stated above.
- Supporting documents.
Step 5: Wait for your visa application to be processed. You will be able to track your visa application on the TLScontact website.
Step 6: Collect your passport at the specified Visa Application Centre. You will be notified when it is ready for collection.
Important: Your visa fee will no longer be refundable after you have submitted your biometrics. You must also ensure you are not late for your appointment. If you are late, your application process may be delayed as you will have to rebook your appointment.
What’s on your BRP
Your BRP will include:
- Your name, date and place of birth.
- Fingerprints and a photo of your face (this is your biometric information).
- Your immigration status and any conditions of your stay.
- Whether you can access public funds, for example, benefits and health services.
- You may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on the back of your BRP. Not all BRPs have this – it depends on factors like the date it was issued and your visa status.
Why you need a BRP
You can use your BRP to confirm your:
- Right to study or work in the UK
- Right to any public services or benefits you’re entitled to
Applying for a Biometric
A biometric residence permit holds migrants’ biographic details and biometric information. Expats who want to extend their stay past six months will require a biometric UK residence permit. You can only apply if you want to:
- Extend your temporary stay to six months or more.
- Apply for indefinite leave to remain.
- Transfer your visa from an old passport to a new document, using form NTL (No Time Limit) or TOC (Transfer of Conditions).
- Apply for a Certificate of Travel or a Convention Travel document (1951 refugee or 1954 stateless person).
You can apply for the UK Study Visa for Togolese online or by post. Once the UK Border Agency has received your documents, they’ll send you a notification letter. You can then visit any post office in the UK to register your biometric information. Alternatively, you can visit a public enquiry office. Remember that it may take up to 12 weeks for your residence permit application to be processed.
B.P. 852, Lomé
Phone:(+228) 2261 5470
Fax:(+228) 2261 5501