Australia welcomes millions of overseas visitors each year, it also has one of the best education systems in the world. Some of its universities are among the 50 best universities in the world and are always excited to welcome international students into their communities. Added to that is the fact that in comparison to other countries, it is quite easy to get a visa to study in Australia such as the Australian Study Visa for Togolese as well as the beautiful landscape and conducive learning environment for international students.
Study Permit: Apart from the Australian Study Visa for Togolese, the study permit visa would allow you to travel to Australia to attend school, to study a full-time vocational education and/or training course as well as undertake a full time higher education course at university or colleges as an international student. The education provider that you will be applying to must be recognised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection as an eligible institution to offer courses to international students.
In the course of applying for the Australian study visa for Togolese, there are some vital requirements which include
- You need a valid passport.
- A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is also needed.
- An Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is absolutely necessary.
- You also need to provide birth certificates of all family members in and outside of Australia/travelling and non-travelling.
- It is important to provide proof of having sufficient funds for your study. This visa requires that you provide evidence that you have access to sufficient funds to pay for your travel to and from Australia as well as your tuition and living expenses. If you have a partner and dependent children accompanying you on this visa you must be able to provide evidence for all parties included in the application at the time of lodgement of this application.
- A clear criminal record (certain cases can be discussed on a case by case basis, should there be an issue) is an added advantage.
- A clean bill of health (certain cases can be discussed on a case by case basis, should there be an issue) is also required.
To obtain the Australian study visa for Togolese, you need to follow these steps:
- Apply for your visa at least 6 weeks before your course starts.
- You might need to have health examinations so find out the examinations you need and how to arrange them if you want to have them before you apply.
- Endeavour to ensure that all required documents are provided.
- Enter your country of passport and education provider to get an accurate document checklist. Choose the option ‘I have not decided on a provider yet’ in the tool if you have not yet chosen a provider.
- The tool will tell you what you will need to provide evidence of. If the tool says you need to provide evidence of a certain thing, select ‘Show steps’ to see what kind of evidence might be accepted.
- Re-check the document checklist based on the country of passport and education provider just before you submit your application to be sure you have the most current list.
- You must apply for this visa online. Fortunately, you can be in or outside Australia when you apply.
- You will be informed in writing about the decision of your visa application. You will be told:
- Your visa grant number
- The date your visa starts
- Your visa conditions
Keep a copy of the decision with you when in Australia. However, if you are refused the Australian Study Visa for Togolese, you will be informed in writing and you will be told why you were refused the visa and whether you have a right to a review of the decision. But a refund of the application charge will not be made if you are refused.
With this visa, you can
- Participate in an eligible course of study in Australia.
- Travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want.
- Work up to 40 hours every 2-week period once your course starts.
- Apply for a different temporary or permanent visa, if eligible.
This Australian study visa for Togolese is a temporary visa. The type of course and its length will determine the length of stay. Primary school children enrolled in years 1-4 can only be granted a student visa for a maximum of 2 years.
To continue studying in Australia with the Australian study visa for Togolese, you must apply for a new student visa. If your student visa will expire before your graduation you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). You will need a letter from your education provider with the date of your graduation.
If you hold or held a student visa and completed specific qualifications in Australia in the last six months, you might be eligible for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485). If you are a recent engineering graduate of a recognized institution you might be eligible for the Skilled Recognition Graduate visa (subclass 476). But if you want to stay longer for other reasons, you must apply for a new visa that suits your circumstances.
You can include family members when you lodge your visa application for the Australian study visa for Togolese. For student visas, your family member is
- your partner, or
- your partner’s dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.
You must declare your family members in your student visa application even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia. Your family members can also apply as a subsequent entrant (at a later time, separate from your application) in ImmiAccount. Family members who apply for the visa must meet the requirements for health and character.
The visa costs from AUD575 for the main applicant, unless they are exempt. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa. You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
You can apply to take 2 or more courses on your Australian study visa for Togolese where one course clearly leads to the next. This is called course packaging.
You must either:
- give a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for each course, or
- show that no CoE is required for a course.
- The last course you take as part of the course package is your main course of study. Your main course of study will be used to work out what financial and English language skills evidence you must give.
You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the Australian study visa for Togolese is valid. However, the time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa. Note that your visa will digitally be linked to your passport.
The Australian Embassy is located at