Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls which is a spectacular tourist attraction for leisure and learning for international students so get on track by learning more about the Canadian Study Visa.
Every year, millions of people, choose to visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities which Canada has to offer. International students apply for the Canadian study visa to enhance their academic pursuit.
It takes 9 weeks to process a student visa/permit from the Tanzanian embassy. This time does not include the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and the office or the time you need to give your biometrics. The processed documents will be delivered to you after a decision is made on your visa application. The study permit expires ninety days after your studies are finished when you receive a notification of the programme completion.
This visa type is a Canadian Study Visa or Study Permit as it is indigenously termed.
To be able to secure a Canadian Study Visa, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Unless you come from an English-speaking country, Canadian universities will require you to submit proof of English language proficiency. Accepted language tests are IELTS, Cambridge English Advanced, and TOEFL.
- You must have received an acceptance letter from a university or academic institution in Canada.
- It is important that you have no criminal record.
- Decide on a university to apply to and get your acceptance letter.
- Check if you need a student visa for Canada.
- Prepare your application.
Note: Proof of your language skills is not included on the list of required documents for a Canadian study visa but it will be good to have some proof of English ability, just in case.
The documents required to successfully apply for a Canadian study visa are:
- All required documents for the student visa in Canada.
- Completed application form.
- The original letter of acceptance from the university.
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary.
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back.
- Proof of financial support during your studies that represent tuition fee + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month (Quebec).
- A letter of explanation.
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents.
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD).
The steps to obtain your Canadian study visa include:
- Read complete information on visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to the “Prepare your Application” page to obtain details on visas/permits.
- Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print.
- If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the CVAC waiver form and attach it with your application form. Failure to provide a completed and signed CVAC waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
- Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
- Pay visa fees and biometric fee, if required, as per instructions in the IRCC fee list.
- Note that when submitting the application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC service charge.
- Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and make sure you take your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument along. Applicable CVAC service charges will be levied.
- In countries with limited internet access, it is also possible to apply for the visa on paper.
- Provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (a university recognized by the Canadian government).
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses).
- Submit clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
- Give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre.
- Submit your application in person.
- Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. However, you can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call centre on +255 22 260 27 82 +255 22 260 17 14 +255 689 141127.
- You can follow up to understand the status of your application.
Service Charges for Application Handling:
|SERVICE (PRICE PER APPLICANT)||AMOUNT IN C$ (INCLUDING VAT)||AMOUNT IN TANZANIAN SHILLING (INCLUDING VAT)|
|Service Charge for Application Handling||$84.27||147,500 TZS|
The Canadian High Commission to Tanzania is situated at No 26 Garden Avenue/38 Mirambo Street, P.O. Box 1022, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- You can reach out to the embassy through Tel: +255-22-216-3300, Tel: +255-687-216-330, Tel: +255-22-211-2831.
- Fax: 255-22-211-6897.
- Email: [email protected]
- The Commission has her hours of operation from:
- Monday to Thursday: 07:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 07:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Consular Hours: Monday to Friday: 08:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- For more details, visit the website.
Taking a shot at an academic opportunity must be met with the preparedness to take your dream to another level. This can only be done if you choose the bold, yet uneasy, step of following through your application in order to ensure your dream of academic excellence is achieved.