Sichuan Agricultural University in China invites applications for the Sichuan Government Scholarship open to non-Chinese citizens for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The scholarship was set up by Sichuan government since 2013 to attract and encourage more outstanding overseas students to study and conduct scientific research in Sichuan Universities.
The International Office of Sichuan Agricultural University is authorized by Sichuan Government to administer the acceptance, review, and approval of the Sichuan Government Scholarship applications.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship is for outstanding international students who are applying for the admission or who are studying in the bachelor, master or doctoral degrees programs of Sichuan Agricultural University.
- Free tuition (RMB 26,000 Yuan/year for doctoral students, RMB 20,000 Yuan/year for master students, RMB 16,000 Yuan /year for undergraduates);
- A living allowance of RMB 2,000 Yuan/month for doctoral students, RMB 1,700 Yuan/month for master students, RMB 1,400Yuan/month for undergraduates.
- Non-Chinese citizens who are healthy physically and mentally, and friendly to China;
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record;
- Applicants who have not obtained any other scholarship granted by the Chinese government;
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree program should have Senior high school diploma and be under the age of 30;
- Applicants for master’s degree program should have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree program should have master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
- Language skills requirements:
- For programs offered in Chinese: HSK4 is required for bachelor program; HSK 5 is required for master and doctoral program.
- For programs offered in English：TOEFL 60 or IELTS 5.5 is required for bachelor students; TOEFL 70 or IELTS 6.0 is required for master and doctoral students.
How to Apply
- Applicants shall visit the Admissions Page of SAU International Office and read carefully the Admission Information.
- Submit Scholarship Application in the online system, upload the Scholarship Application Form and other application documents in the online system as required, send the documents to the International Office after all the information submitted is verified. (mail address is enclosed in the item Contact Information).
- Complete Online Application on the website of International Students Office (ISO), Sichuan Agricultural University. Print and sign two hard copies of the Application Form produced by the system after all the information submitted is verified.
- The Scholarship Application Form should be submitted with other materials to the International Students Office (ISO), Sichuan Agricultural University, by post mail or in person (see Contact information).
- Contact InformationInternational Students Office of Sichuan Agricultural University:
Address: Room 606, Administration Building 1, No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu 611130, P. R. China
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: applications close May 1, 2019. Scholarship recipients will be notified by the university before June 30th.