The University of Technology, Sydney, is accepting applications for the International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP) open to highly ranked, newly commencing Doctoral Research Degree (PhD) students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and research potential in 2019.
The International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP) is funded by the Australian
Government, under the Department of Education and Training. The objective of the IRTP is to maintain and develop international research linkages and to attract top quality international postgraduate research students to areas of research strength within Australian tertiary Institutions.
Worth of Award
- The IRTP covers the tuition fees, the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the scholarship holder, their spouse and dependants (if any), and a living stipend at the minimum Australian Government established indexed rate.
- It does not provide for costs associated with the issue or renewal of a student visa, compulsory Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), the cost of English language testing, tuition fees for bridging English language courses, or costs associated
with study-related field trips.
- To be eligible for an IRTP, a student must:
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) as an overseas student as defined in
the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth) at the University in the year of the IRTP
Stipend (IRTP Stipends are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a
postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University) in an accredited
HDR course; and
- not be receiving an equivalent award, stipend or salary providing a benefit greater than
75% of the IRTP Scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from
sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule; and
- Not receive an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to
offset HDR fees.
How to Apply
- When you submit your online application to study at UTS, you will be automatically assessed for the scholarship scheme providing you tick the box that says ‘I want to be considered for UTS scholarships’ on the online application form.
- You’ll be notified about your scholarship outcome by email.
UTS Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1336
Email: [email protected]
New research students: UTS Future Researchers website
Deadline: Applications close June 30, 2019, for Autumn (January) 2020 intake